VCR Tape Digitizer
This was a relatively simple project using off the shelf components. System will take a VCR tape and allow the user to create a digital copy of the tape.
- Magnavox VCR
- Sandisk A/V to media card (SD, microSD, and others)
- And assorted cables
- Monitor with A/V inputs
- Phil's 8GB microSD card
System is currently located in the A/V Room. While this is where it lives, the system is meant to be checked out as needed, and then returned to the shop.
Please provide your own monitor / TV, only checkout the VCR and the Sandisk.
- System is Currently Located in the A/V Room at the shop.
- The memory card appears empty, but the sandisk insists that it's full and won't record any data
- This is because linux, instead of actually removing files, moves them to a hidden directory. The Sandisk doesn't recognize that it's allowed to overwrite this data, so it just gives up thinking the device is full. Sometimes you can view hidden directories and delete all the hidden files and directories. Other times linux shits itself and you have to format the card.
- TODO: provide command line card formatting instructions