X10 Ackis Module/ML256
From Makers Local 256
This page is to mark Makers Local 256 specific progress of X10 installation
- Confirmed\Learned the following
- Power line in the server closet is not the same circuit as the rest of the "office" Omegix 12:43, 12 February 2010 (CST)
- Power line in the server closet is not on the same circuit as the power rails on the Main Room walls Omegix 12:43, 12 February 2010 (CST)
- Sounds like this can be solved by installing a bridge
- Need to determine how many prongs the stove plug is in the "kitchen", 3 or 4 prong?
- Alternatively, brimstone pointed out that a second RF receiever module plugged into the other 120V leg of the shop would allow for a "B" House in the Main Room, and the "A" House in the Office Side. Or both could be on A, as all the devices will receive the same commands.
- Long term, these RF receiver modules do not have the ability to transmit module state back to the firecracker connected computer.
- Wall Module advertised as supporting flourescent bulbs was not able to supply enough power to the ballasts to get the lights running. Need to research as to why. Could be a bad X10 module. Omegix 12:43, 12 February 2010 (CST)
- Upon initial inspection, only two wires seemed to be present in the light switch box. The unit requires a Neutral connection to work. It's possible this wire is attached to the casing of the box. It's also possible due to the age of the building that the neutral line was never run.