This page is for members of the Green Makers to organize talks, meetups, tours and other events. Subscribe to our Mailing List.
- December 2, 2010, 6:00pm-8:30pm - Flint River Conservation Association clean water workshops; prevention of stormwater runoff and Muddy Water Watch.
- November 8, 2010, 5:30pm-8:00pm - Tour of Green Mountain Glass Recycling Facility
- 5/10 - Aaron called in and said he is unable to conduct a class.
- 4/13/10 - Got a message from Aaron Kline (recommendation from Mark Mayes) about a still demonstration. Said he could come down and give a 4-hour class and demonstration. Would need some financial help to cover for gas and time. I talked to the makers and they recommended that I check into the legality and safety of making fuel alcohol on site.
- 4/1/10 - Mark Mayes had a telecon with the make shop and said there was a person who could bring in an fuel alcohol still to demonstrate to us. However, he lived 8 hours away in Tennessee and would need some help with gas money and lodging.
- 3/19/10 - David Blume's Alcohol Fuel for Sustainable Living Workshop was a blast! Learned alot about DIY ethanol production and how it can be integrated into permaculture. Inspired a project for the community garden to build a CSA/CSE. Also had an opportunity to network with out-of-state Green Maker members and other green groups around the country.
- 3/10 - Alii came on board with the community garden project. Also gearing up for Arrrbor Day!
- 1/10 - Spoke with Steve C. about collaboration to install an Arduino Power Monitor in the shop to help with the energy consumption reduction project.
Projects & Future Actions
- Green Hack-A-Month - Next session is tentatively planned for 8/10.
All Interested Peoples
Generators & Wind Turbines:
- The Home Power Guide
- Geothermal Home Heating & Cooling
- Trombe wall
- ISO 14000 Environmental Standards, specifically, look into ISO 14001:2004.
- Renewable Resource Data Center
- The Alternative Power Calculator
- Green Product Reviews
- Alternative Energy News
- The Green Economy Map
High-Efficiency Lights (DIY):