Pig Roast 2009
From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 15:25, 21 January 2010 by Preauxphoto
This page contains example text of good things to know for an event
Basic Event Information
- Name: "Geek Eats: Pig Roast"
- Organizer\POC: Omegix 11:03, 8 December 2009 (CST)
- Date: 11/20
- Time: TBD
- Location: Make Shop
- Cost to Attend: TBD \ Donation
- February 20 2010, 6:00pm - 9:00pm: Geek Eats Pig Roast
We gunna roast a pig. Mardis Gras Theme.
- Gotta setup rotisserie
- Hook up motor to automate rotisserie
- First rotisserie meetup is for 1/23/2010
- Pig (Preaux can get a 40-50lb pig for about $150. Needs the money by the day-before, so probably going to get him cash by Feb 13th.)
- We can recoop the cost of the pig by charging about $7 a head for the event.
- Jeff can cover $50 up front costs for the pig. Need to cover an additional $50
- Brian can cover $50 up front costs for the pig.
- Opticron can cover $50 up front costs for the pig.
- Preaux is arranging pickup and transport of pig to the event.
- Preaux has access to a rotisserie
- Beans (Spacefelix can get some)
- Potato Salad (Spacefelix can get some)
- Jambalaya (Preaux can get access to propane burner and pot)
- if you can supply any of these items please do so
- Meat Thermometer to ensure 170º Internal Temperature
- " Burn Barrel" container to start coals in AKA. metal 5gal bucket
- Chicken wire for tying pig to rotisserie spit.
- Cinder blocks
- IRC Channel Topic
(Anything in here needs a volunteer associated, or we can assume it won't be done)
- Announce List - jeff
- Web Page - jeff
- NPR - who has done this in the past?
- News Paper
- Fliers - brian willing to design a flier?