Pig Roast 2010
From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 16:37, 29 September 2010 by Preauxphoto
Pig Roast fundraiser to coincide with another Make Shop demo/expo/open house
Basic Event Information
- Name: TBD ("pig roast")
- Logistics: Omegix 15:36, 29 September 2010 (CDT)
- Date: 11/06/2010
- Time: 1PM (Attendee Arrival Time)
- Location: Make Shop
- Cost to Attend: $10 / person, or $15 for two people.
- Silent Auction
To-do (captured from 2009 Lessons Learned)
- Making a breakfast and energy drink run for the early morning volunteers started the day off right.
- Needed to find a place to defrost the pig in between when it was picked up and brought to the event. Ended up using Preaux's bathtub
- Time was needed to inject the pig with spices and marinades
- Time to cook the pig took closer to 8 hours, roughly two more than we were expecting for a 50lb pig
- Pig needed to be closer to the fire
- We ended up building a hut around the pig out of extra lumber, covered in aluminum foil to reflect the heat back into the hut.
- Having a second main food item really helped with easing people's hunger during the cooking time.
- The main drink was Ice Tea. We had five medium size bags of ice purchased for the event, only needed about two to three.
- Could have had more change on hand before the event. It worked out alright, but there were moments when we had to ask people to wait on us to make change.
- Event cost roughly $180 to put on, with a $150 pig. Event brought in $545, a net of about $388. About $75 of that was reimbursable seed money that was donated after the event.
- In the event of motor failure on the rotisserie, you can just turn the pig every 5-10 minutes
- a sprayer to keep the pig moisturized was a great tool to have on hand
- ( Tech Expo / Open House organizer wanted )
- Your Name here!
- Other Food Items
- Omegix can bring 5 chairs
- Plates, Cups, Cutlery
- Alii still available for this?