Difference between revisions of "Rocket Building 101"
m (→Slides: added link to fourth build session slides)
(→Links: added links to things-to-bring list and pre-launch checklist)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 14:43, 15 June 2013
The last build session will be on SUNDAY, 16 June at 10am.
The goal of this class is to educate interested individuals in high power rocketry by introducing the basics of rocket construction, simulation, and safety.
Outcome: successfully build and fly your first rocket!
- 1 (or more - depending on interest) intro sessions going over the basics. This should take approx 1 hour
- Weekly build sessions that help participants construct their rocket
- Launch your creations at the Southern Thunder Launch on 22-23 June
- When: 9 May 2013, 7-8pm (for the intro session)
- Where: MK256
- How Much: varies. From ~$40 and up - explained in detail in the class
- Restrictions: Participants must be at least 18 years old (if less than 18, must be accompanied by an adult).
- Why: Well.... Because ROCKETS!
- Follow-on build sessions will be scheduled at a later time
Are posted (via GDocs). More to come for each session...