The dumpster is emptied once a week. Currently on Wednesdays.
Makers Local 256 currently does not recycle.
The shop occasionally forges ingots from aluminium cans for forge projects.
Tennessee Valley Recyclers will pay you to bring metal to them to be recycled.
Hazardous Waste Waste Disposal
Done per the The Solid Waste Disposal Authority of Huntsville's Household Hazardous Waste Program.
INFORMATION ONLY: First Saturday of Every Month, 10am: Dump Day
- DO NOT USE THE SHOP AS A STAGING AREA FOR THIS TYPE OF WASTE
- The Huntsville Landfill at Leeman Ferry Road is open from 8am to noon on every first Saturday of the month. Take our toxic and E-waste to the dump. If Saturday is a holiday, they are open on the following Saturday.
- As they only accept household toxic waste, be sure to state you are dumping for a residence. Given that our organization is a hobby shop, we will not be dumping anything beyond household toxic waste. Here is their list of what is acceptable as such. NO radioactive, biological or explosive waste!
- Before 11:30am, take our scrap metal for recycling at Tennessee Valley Recycling (Huntsville Division, 606 Triana Blvd, Huntsville, AL 35805, 256-539-0770).
- Before throwing, leave some stock for welding and building/forging. Welding stock is any metal piece that is thicker than a Nickle. Building stock is any metal piece that is large and continuous; the larger the piece and the fewer the cuts and holes the better. However, the Aluminum cans may be recycled since they do not work well for forging or welding.