The Makers Local Garden Club is being established to continue on the tradition of enthusiastic amateur gardening at Makers Local 256. In the past the gardens have been managed by Alii and Ethan.
- stake out garden claims
- Set up communications list
- Organize resources
- Hold an informal meeting for interested parties
- Plant the garden
- 5/10/2014 Mulch, soil, much layered garden plot made. Planted some garlic. More compost added. Signs being made.
- 4/22/2014 progress was made on clearing dead brush from the garden.
- March/2014 Gathering interest.
Some of the supplies we currently have are rakes, shovels, and trowels. A few 50 gallon barrels, as well as assorted 5 gallon buckets. We have access to a 7′x7′ garden plot, a few totes in the bike shed, as well as space in the server rack indoor garden.
Current Garden Plans
7'x7' plot Currently, and auxiliary closed, temperature and light controlled space in one or two of the 5' and 6' server racks. (used for hydroponic and aquaponic plant growth and propagation.) possible expansion into container gardening, raised beds, or a non permanent greenhouse.