An attempt to get several hackerspaces in the same place at the same time in an effort to drive collaboration and ingenuity in the community.
- Columbus Day Weekend (October 9-11)
- Phreaknic is also this month and may detract from people wanting to travel twice in a month. --strages 15:59, 17 May 2010 (CDT)
- Veteran's Day weekend (November 13-14)
- Needs to be easy to find.
- Need to have discounted rooms.
- Last year the Marriott by the Space and Rocket Center was very easy to work with and offered competitive rates.
- We'll need enough to cover Friday evening and Saturday all day.
- Barcamp style schedule works so long as you seed it with a couple of talks to get it going.
- I'd like to see How-to's or DIY tech overviews. --strages 15:59, 17 May 2010 (CDT)
- Volunteers (add your name below)
- Once everything is ironed out behind the scenes, we'll post an event on the hackerspaces.org wiki and do announcements.
- preferably stuff made at the shop through know how.
- Talks, but Ignite style talks. 5 minutes or less. 20:53, 19 May 2010 (CDT)
- Borrow from the tech expo and have technology demonstrations setup from multiple spaces, hopefully. 20:53, 19 May 2010 (CDT)
- Maybe presentations on the different spaces with pictures and video. 20:56, 19 May 2010 (CDT)
- A swap meet for trading resources between spaces. 20:53, 19 May 2010 (CDT)
- Tent area next to shop as an alternative to hotels ... ala ccc  --Nykodemus 23:53, 23 June 2010 (CDT)
- Talked to Nick Farr with HacDC who is wanting to help promote it and suggested we brand it Hacker Space Festival since they already exist as such all over Europe. Through further discussion on the hackerspaces.org mailing list this is likely to turn into a much bigger affair in the US with regional events and a national event held every year. We of course will be the Southern regional event and also the first in the US with the national one possibly being held in NYC next suummer in 2011 at the Hotel Pennsylvania, the last hacker con held at this historic hotel. --strages 19:57, 23 June 2010 (CDT)
- Currently working on a flyer to be handed out at The Next HOPE and will be used on the website as a place holder while we work on more information. I have a couple of domains in mind to purchase but won't need those until the flyer is done. In order to get the flyer done we'll need a hotel where we can get a discounted room block, location will be the shop, and the date is looking to be Veteran's Day weekend in November. Once the flyer is done we have some time to get everything else worked out. --strages 20:01, 23 June 2010 (CDT)
- We've already gotten a very favorable response from the community and it's looking like a bigger turn out this year. --strages 20:03, 23 June 2010 (CDT)
- Ladymerlin is going to be scouting out hotels again this year for us as she has the most experience with such and did a great job on it last year. --strages 21:09, 23 June 2010 (CDT)
- Began work on the flyer with David with hopes of having it done by The Next Hope later this month. I plan to get it printed up in NYC and delivered to the hotel. --strages 22:42, 8 July 2010 (CDT)
- Flyer has been finished, printed, distributed, and posted to makerslocal.org. --strages 23:15, 17 July 2010 (CDT)
- Domain has been purchased, directed, and waiting on hosting. --strages 23:15, 17 July 2010 (CDT)