Ham Radio License
Getting licensed to operate a Ham radio is very simple and straightforward. You simply show up to a scheduled test and for a small fee, take the test and get your license.
There are three classes of licenses:
- Technician class - This is the introductory class and easiest to get.
- General Class - A step up from the Tech class and with more rights.
- Amateur Extra - The "bragging rights" class. Difficult and arcane test required.
Upcoming test: Aug 20, 2011: Huntsville Hamfest.
No nonsense Study guides:
- Technician Class: http://www.kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/2010_Tech_Study_Guide.pdf
- General Class: http://kb6nu.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/2011-No-Nonsense-General-Class-License-Study-Guide.pdf
People who can help: (Feel free to add names to the list)