Instructables Build Night/July 2013
- Name: June 2013 Instructables Build Night - Sugru: Moldable Rubber
- Organizer: tylercrumpton
- Date: Saturday, July 20th, 2013
- Time: 1PM - 10PM
- Location: The shop
- Cost to Attend: $0 (bring some money if you want pizza!)
Instructables has announced the theme for July's Build Night: Sugru! Sugru is a "multi-purpose, non-slumping brand of silicone rubber that resembles modeling clay", and can be used for all sorts of projects and repairs, from fixing your phone charge cable to creating robot parts. It's a lot of fun to play and design with, and I think you will all enjoy it!
The structure of this Build Night will be similar to our first, except that the Instructables we'll need to make have to involve the Sugru in some way. We'll need to submit five Instructables from the night. In short, we're expected to:
- Publish five Instructables based on our use of the provided Sugru.
We have been given 32 5g packets of Sugru in the following colors:
- 8x Red
- 8x Yellow
- 8x Blue
- 4x Black
- 4x White
Please keep these amounts in mind when you're thinking about projects; we want everyone to be able to use some!
|Project Name||Description||Creator||Instructables Link|
|Hand Copter Upgrade||Use some sugru to add a second blade to a toy hand copter for double the lift!||ramgarden||Link|
|Knitting Needle Tip Covers||Prevent your knitting work from slipping off the needle!||Kirstin||Link|
|TV Remote Standing Mod||This simple AppleTV remote modification will keep your remote upright and visible!||tylercrumpton||Link|
If you come up with some sweet ideas for projects, throw them here so someone who needs some inspiration can see!
- Apple TV Remote stand
- Raspberry Pi Wall Mount
- Laser-engraved coasters with custom-shaped rubber feet
- Knitting needle end-stops
- Add ergonomics to your game console controller
- Sugru and magnets cell phone holder
- Desktop cell phone holder
- Robot gripper with custom rubber fingers
- Custom rubber robot wheels
- Double/triple the rotor blades on a "handcopter" toy
- July 20 2013, 1:00pm - 11:00pm: July Instructables Build Night