Laser Cutter Fundraising
From Makers Local 256
- $X (Any Amount): Invitation to Laser Cutter Party
- $25 (Availability: Unlimited): Vinyl Cut Sticker (Enabrintain has offered to do the first 40)
- $40 (Availability: Unlimited): Small lasercut acrylic keepsake, PLUS Vinyl Sticker
- Gregabyte has volunteered to cut and mail these rewards. Cost would be taken out of funds raised.
- NEW $60 (Availability: Unlimited): Anyone who donates more than $60 will receive a t-shirt
- ndesign has a deal to get 72 single color tshirts for $288. We would have to have 5 +$60 donations to break even.
- If the run is too small, we can explore having greenpea press make them
- Recognition Plaque Mounted to Side of Lasercutter (Tyler and Norm have volunteered to create the plaques). Plaques can be ordered from a trophy shop if we want to prioritize having them out quickly vs. making them ourselves)
- $1000 (Availability: 1). Top quarter of plaque, donor name in largest font, optionally displayed company logo
- $500 (Availability: 4). Positioned under The $1000 donor. Second to largest font.
- $250 (Availability: 10). Positioned under the four $500 donors. Third largest font.
- $100 (Availability: TBD).
- Positioned under the four $250 donors. Fourth largest font.
Ticket for a 1-on-1 Laser Cutter Tutorial. Can be given away as a gift.
- Need to make sure we have a volunteer for this. Availability of this reward could be based on that volunteer's time commitment).
- Any donor listed on the plaque will be invited to the unveiling of the plaque at the Laser Cutter Party.
- $5000 (Availability: 1).
- Plaque featuring only this donor prominently mounted on laser cutter.
- 20 person class on how to use a lasercutter and assemble the cut item. Good for a company team building exercise.
- Invitation to unveiling of the plaque at the Laser Cutter Party
- $10,000 (Availability: 1)
- Thank you with company supplied logo featured on front page of Makers Local Website for at least 2 years past arrival of laser cutter.
- (largest?) Plaque featuring only this donor prominently mounted on laser cutter.
- Laser cut acrylic thank you gift
- Invitation to unveiling and presentation of gift at Laser Cutter Party
Note: Transportation costs to Laser Cutter Party not included.
Laser Cutter Party for all Members of Makers Local and Donors.
IGG Creation Tools
- SnagIt was used to do a full page scroll capture of the IGG draft
- Click "Capture", go to screen you want to capture, click the yellow down arrow that will appear on the screen after 1-2 seconds.
Recommended Companies To Solicit
- eStreet Plastics (Tyler)
- Synapse (Tyler)
- SAIC (Jeff)
- Northrop Grumman
- Boeing (Suggested: Phil)
- LSYNC (Jeff) (provided a tour of its facility and laser cutter in early days of makeshop)
Not Yet Advertised To
- STA (Their logo is featured in the video)
- RocketRepublic (Michele has this approved, awaiting IGG launch)
- NACC (Michele)
- Facebook Video (vs. YouTube) with link to indiegogo campaign
- Optional boost to have it seen more
- Makerslocal.org Blog Post
- Fliers (Tyler willing to design)
- Olde Towne Coffee
- General E-Mail List
- IndieGoGo: https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/laser-cutter-for-community-makerspace/x/14615467
- Reddit (Jeff will post with MakersLocal256 reddit account): https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntsvilleAlabama/comments/6co7mp/local_makerspace_crowdfunding_a_laser_cutter/
- NextDoor: https://heritageofmontesano.nextdoor.com/events/1245593/
- Geek Out Huntsville (Facebook Group): https://www.facebook.com/GeekOutHSV/posts/1433988619973250
- Makers Local 256 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/makerslocal256/posts/1492296687488281
- Makers Local 256 Twitter: https://twitter.com/makerslocal256/status/866677001972744196