Meetings/2010-02

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • February 22nd, 2010
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • Eat before, or bring food with.
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion

Storeroom Management - How To Stop Stuff From Getting Away

Proposal: A system where the storeroom is managed by people who are familiar with the shop and the projects and have an eye for what is useful. They will receive and sort what comes in and decide what gets thrown out. When they do, it will be dotted and put in salvage for one month. After that, it will be broken down and recycled for useful parts to keep the storeroom stocked. The rest is thrown away as e-waste, toxic material or as recyclables.

As it stands:

  • Storeroom Guys:
  • Need to set up shelf as salvage storage.
  • Need to set up proper bins for storing e-waste, toxic materials and recyclables (aluminum, steel and copper metals) from breakdown.

For future cleanup days, we will not touch the storeroom. Cleanups and organization will be left to the storeroom guys.

--Spacefelix 17:37, 22 February 2010 (CST)

Missing Painter's Ladder

Case so far; our landlord hired some painters to do some work on the shop. They stored one of their ladders inside the shop. It was in the way of projects in the shop so it was moved outside and the painter was told to come pick it up. However, the ladder vanished and the painter has now been on our backs to get his ladder back. After discussing this with the members, the best thing is to see if his gear is insured (he gets a ladder and he gets off our backs). Second best thing is to get him a ladder (we will be footing the bill). Worst thing is to take this to court. It is likely not to hold up since we moved the ladder outside and this all happened on our property and time. We don't want to have a bad relationship with our landlord and his contractors. We have to resolve this as cleanly as possible. --Spacefelix 17:37, 22 February 2010 (CST)

Shop Shelving on NNW Wall From Corner to Windows - We Can Start Building Now

I have some designs for us to make shelves from what 2x4s, wire racks and plywood we have. That will cover about ten feet of shelves using a triple deck. Also, we have two wooden pallets from last week's dumpster diving trip. strages mentioned that they can be cut in half along the slats and stacked and separated by 2x4s to form a two-foot long double-decker shelf. --Spacefelix 17:47, 22 February 2010 (CST)

Fire Extinguishers

Corporations (ML256 is a non-profit corporation) have to have their fire extinguishers inspected once a year. As per the fire marshall, this can be done by a fire extinguisher company that will come out to our location. Omegix 16:26, 15 February 2010 (CST)

Meeting Notes

  • Jeff will be checking into getting our fire extinguisher certified.
  • Jeff will be checking into getting Exit signs for the shop if they're needed.
  • Door code is to be changed before the end of the evening.
  • Last open house brought in a lot of money.
  • Raymond and Justin will be managing the store room to prevent things from being thrown out without reason and to get a better handle on inventory.
  • First Saturday in March (March 6th) , there will be another clean up day.
    • The cleanup day will be members only.
  • Ethan will be handling the matter of the missing painter's ladder and what to do about it.
    • Ethan is contacting Bob to see if\when he asked the painters to pick up the ladder.
  • Next meeting will be on March 15th.
  • No new members were present at the meeting.
  • We are ready to build the shelves along the wall with the Windows. Ethan is POC.
  • Board is ok with replacing either of the blue tarps separating the rooms with the art canvas project.
  • Arrrbor Day
    • Spacefelix has 10 free trees
    • Makers Local memebers now have membership with the Arborday Foundation.
  • There is a registered nurse that wants to put together an emergency kit for us
  • New members since last monthly meeting: Rohan
  • In Attendance
    • Bender
    • Brian Walker
    • Chryss Gorman
    • Dusty
    • Ehthan Chew
    • Greg Brown
    • Heather O'Gormon
    • Hanyan
    • Jake McAlister
    • Jeff Cotten
    • Justin Richards
    • Kinsey Moore
    • Matt Robinson
    • Mog
    • Nathan Warner
    • Raymond Nordin
    • Sarah McAlister
    • Simon Hart
    • Tim Heath
    • One Unidentified Person