From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • March 14, 2011
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

Graphs from May 2010 to Feb 2011

Clif's: We're up for January, down for February and we'll probably come out ahead in March. Regular member donations still aren't getting above regular expenses. We made $457.59 from the pig.

  • Term: January 2011
    • Donations: $430
    • Members: $1202.35 (33)
    • Expenses: $1456.91
    • Net Profit: $175.44
    • Average donation per person: $36.43
    • Average expense per person: $44.15
  • Term: February 2011
    • Donations: $28
    • Members: $1191.18 (34)
    • Expenses: $1380.72
    • Net Profit: $-161.54
    • Average donation per person: $35.03
    • Average expense per person: $40.61
  • Term: March 2011
    • Donations: $521.99
    • Members: $644.68 (22)
    • Expenses: $1000
    • Net Profit: $166.67
    • Average donation per person: $29.30
    • Average estimated expense per person: $57.77

Facilities Committee


  • Facilities To Do List by Priority:
  1. <Insert Your Item Here> -

Thoughts and comments? Please edit the wikipage.

New Members

  • Eliora Kadish
  • Joshua Carr
  • Tony Tran


  • Survey for Members/Non-Members of MakersLocal:
    • Planning on collecting results 1 week from board meeting, unless there's a recommendation for more time. ~Omegix
  • International Space Development Conference (ISDC) 2011, in Huntsville's Von Braun Center, May 18-22.
    • Current contract is draft. Please comment and state what you can provide.
  • Show & Tell Wed. Nights


  • Matt robinson
  • Wayne
  • Greg
  • Tony
  • Mog
  • Tuttle
  • Dusty
  • Nathan
  • Dmitri
  • Jeff
  • Brian
  • Ethan

Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting called to order by our chairman
  • Matt gave our treasurer's report, we came out ahead this month because of the Pig Roast and Tech Expo.
  • Ethan is looking for ways to prioritize tasks for the Facilities Committee, comments can be left in the wikipage. There will also be an email to the members list soon.
  • Paper cups and napkins cannot be recycled, so please don't put those in the recycling bins.
  • New members – Eli, Josh, and Tony
  • There is a survey for people to give feedback about the shop
  • Makers Local has been invited to help with an International Space Development Conference from May 18 to 22. Attendees will be people interested in space exploration from hobbyists and amateurs to astronauts. If some members volunteer to help run a game room or some other service, we can have a free booth space to talk about the shop. Our tentative agreement is on the wiki, Ethan is looking to have it signed by April 1st.
  • Gregabyte is running a LAN party at the end of April, you can volunteer to help or suggest games on the wiki page.
  • Nathan is having a Show and Tell on Wednesday evenings, signup starts at 6 and talks start at 7. People can show anything they like.
  • Chairman reminded us that Board Elections are happening at the April Meeting. If you'd like to run, send an email to the members email list and declare your candidacy. Nathan will be running the election, with Dusty as his second.
  • Brian wanted to thank people for helping with the Tech Expo and Pig Roast, and if you have any comments or criticism, you can submit them to the discussion area on the event's wiki page.
  • The next meeting will be on April 11th
  • The UAH LAN party group has invited us to come back and present projects during their upcoming event on Thursday, April 14
  • Meeting adjourned by chairman.