Meetings/2012-02

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • February 15, 2012
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Term: January 2012
    • Donations: $173.8
    • Members: $894.19 (27)
    • Expenses: $1233.51
    • Net Profit: $-165.52
    • Average donation per person: $33.12
    • Average expense per person: $45.69
  • Term: February 2012
    • Donations: $0
    • Members: $674.87 (20)
    • Expenses: $1207.16
    • Net Profit: $-532.29
    • Average donation per person: $33.74
    • Average expense per person: $60.36

Facilities Committee

Recent Improvements

Improvement Attributio

Planned Improvements

sort and setup AV Lab poc CrashCart
sort and setup Library poc Gregabyte
Set a goal to have all "zones" reasonably setup and usable by our 1 year anniversary moving into this space (may) If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
continue new flooring in loft (long term)

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Matthew Varian
  • Jonathan Townley

Discussion Topics

  • Be careful with the can crusher. It can launch cans in the direction of your face. Use caution!
  • Josh Pritt (ramgarden) loaned two scanners to the shop for our document scanning needs. Where should we set them (or just one) up?
  • Recycling is going great. Everyone is keeping food out of the blue bins, bags in the bag of bags, and styrofoam and red cups (#6) in the white can at the end of the stairs!

Attending

  • Matt Robinson
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • Dmitriy Plaks
  • Jonathan Townley
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • John Kelly
  • Matt Varian
  • Josh Pritt
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Wayne Neumeyer
  • Karl Sackett
  • Tim Heath
  • Greg Brown

Meeting Minutes

Treasurer's report, details above. We're still behind in January. We have most of the donations in for February, but we need all of them to get ahead.

For next month, we're going to schedule another cleanup day. Tim will send out an email to organize it.

Discussion topics: We have a new can crusher installed. We now have two scanners on loan from Josh Pritt. They will hopefully be setup soon.

Recycling is going well. Please keep putting cans in the can box (crushed).

Jennifer made a Makers Local 256 flag for us which will be hanging in the office soon.

Wayne and David are working on a remote control Dalek and will be asking for help soon on actually making it move. If you want to have your own portal gun, they have plans to make reproducible portal guns, so get with them to make your own barrel.

There is a hackathon planned for the weekend of the 25th and Josh Pritt will be heading up the cupcake competition.

There are plans to ventilate the laser cutter better than it is currently, but the details are not yet worked out. HOLES CANNOT BE CUT IN THE SOUTH OR WEST WALLS.

The next meeting will be on March 14th.