Meetings/2012-05

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • May 15, 2012
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

  • Term: April 2012
    • Donations: $44
    • Members: $1231.3 (36)
    • Expenses: $1152.82
    • Net Profit: $122.48
    • Average donation per person: $34.20
    • Average expense per person: $32.023
  • Term: May 2012
    • Donations: $203.42
    • Members: $710.58 (25)
    • Expenses: $1010.95
    • Net Profit: $-96.95
    • Average donation per person: $28.4232
    • Average estimated expense per person: $48.44

Facilities Committee

  • New shelves upstairs. Thank You Tim, Phill, Kinsey and all who helped
  • Clean up meeting a week ago Saturday
  • Clean Tables - It Will Happen
  • Clean up day Saturday the 26th
  • Thank you to whoever mowed the lawn

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Chrystine Gorman
  • Arthur Moore
  • Scott Savage

Discussion Topics

  • Member Storage - If your box isn't labeled, please label it. If you are taking up more than one space, please take stuff home. -phil
  • Emergency Contact Information - Alii

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Phil Showers
  • Matt Robinson
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Scott Savage
  • Wayne Neumeyer
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • Alice Scanland
  • John Kelly
  • Karl Sackett
  • Bahiy Watson
  • Nathan Warner
  • Guest #1
  • Guest #2

Meeting Minutes

Action item review: Submit form 990N...not done yet, happening tomorrow.

Treasurer's report was given by Jeff Cotten, see above.

Facilities committee report given by Alice. We have new shelves and things need to be organized on to them. There is a pile of things in the corner for hacking. If there is something there that's yours that you don't want hacked, please move it to member storage. Please also condense your items in member storage to one section on one level. If you leave something out, please label it. If it is not labeled, it is fair game to be moved. There will be a cleanup day on the 26th of this month (May). Scott Savage has added power strips to the middle table.

Events: Pig roast first weekend of June Class on rocket motor preparation middle of June Reprap build off in July There is a chain maille class in the works


The next meeting shall occur on June 13.

Ribbon cutting for the SciQuest beam bot exhibit is next monday. Feel free to make some more bots for the exhibit if you are so inclined. Take them to SciQuest and give them to Angela or the front desk.

Alice is initiating an opt-in emergency contact info binder. If you want special information in it, fill out a form and put it there. More information on this endeavor is forthcoming.

The Dalek is making its first public appearance at a local Doctor Who conference (conkasterborous) on June 9/10.