From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • October 11, 2012
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items


Treasurer's Report

  • We received $236.98 from the Northrop Grumman corporation, thanks to Jeff Cotten and John Kelly.
  • $300 Flooring Reimbursement issued to Tim Heath (Misc Expense)


  • Term: September 2012
    • Donations: $297.24
    • Members: $962.85 (34)
    • Expenses: $1771.28
      • Misc expenses: $650 (Big Dumpster, Flooring)
    • Net Profit: $-511.19
    • Average donation per person: $28.3191176470588
    • Average expense per person: $52.0964705882353
  • Term: October 2012
    • Donations: $19.48
    • Members: $752.43 (23)
    • Expenses: $1815
    • Net Profit: $-1043.09
    • Average donation per person: $32.714347826087
    • Average expense per person: $54.0434782608696

Facilities Committee

Recent Improvements

New section of flooring in loft Thanks Enabrintain, CrashCart, and Tyler

Planned Improvements

sort and setup AV Lab poc CrashCart
sort and setup Library poc Gregabyte
build up new counter in Art Lab poc CrashCart
Raise radio tower poc Karl and Ratmandu
sort and setup south wall poc Karl or CrashCart
continue new flooring in loft (long term)


Post Event Recap

Upcoming Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Jake Polatty

Discussion Topics


  • Greg Borwn
  • Alice Scanland
  • Tim Heath
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Karl Sackett
  • Tycho Clendenny
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Jake Polatty
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Wayne Neumeyer
  • Satyam Nayak
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Heather O'Gorman
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • Phil Showers
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Joseph Baxley
  • Michele Faris
  • Nathan Warner
  • Kinsey Moore

Meeting Minutes

We handed out ballots and collected them for the election.

Jeff gave the treasurer's report. (see above)

Tim gave the facilities updates. The library is now refloored. It needs one more coat of paint and things will go back on the reinforced flooring next week. One of the member grant projects (the reflooring) is nearly complete and the remainder should be getting started shortly.

The turkey fry is postponed until Scott is clear of his family troubles.

Some of us attended the Atlanta mini maker faire last weekend.

Chargercon is coming up soon. We'll be hosting a booth there.

If you are interested in participating in the sterile van buildup, please contact Scott Morales (or wait for the email on the list).

We have located another compressor for the vending machine in birming ham.

There will be a chain mail class on Tuesday.

Phreaknic is happening in the beginning of November (9th-11th). Many of us will be going.

Wayne and David will be presenting at Chargercon on that Saturday in the UC.

Ande Boyer and coworker will be giving a practice presentation (food and drink provided) at 5:30 next Tuesday. Talk to Jennifer for more information.

The next meeting will be November 15th at 7:30PM.