From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • January 17, 2013
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Treasurer's Report


  • Term: December 2012
    • Donations: $654.26
    • Members: $1101.04 (40)
    • Expenses: $833.37
    • Net Profit: $921.93



RENT: 10,400

UTILITIES: 2,830.42


CABLE: 1,062.91


Member Donation Total: 14,528.62

Random Donation Total: 3,958.61

Treasurers Note: We're doing ok. We are very close to being sustainable via membership donations alone, however when factoring in nonmember donations, we netted a positive, allowing us to grow our reserve.

  • Term: January 2013
    • Donations: $0
    • Members: $1044.22 (25)
    • Expenses: $0
    • Net Profit: $1044.22
    • Average donation per person: $41.7688
    • Average estimated expense per person: $45.12

sustain: 83.78

remainder: 83.78

Facilities Committee

Planned Improvements

sort and setup AV Lab poc CrashCart
sort and setup Library poc Gregabyte
build up new counter in Art Lab poc CrashCart
Raise radio tower poc Karl and Ratmandu
sort and setup south wall poc Karl or CrashCart
continue new flooring in loft (long term)


Post Event Recap

Knitting circle.

Upcoming Events

LAN Party on Saturday, because that'll be news to people at the meeting.

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics

General etiquette - Drinks. Locking shop before leaving. Departures :/


  • Kinsey Moore (taking minutes)
  • Satyam Nayak (conducting meeting)
  • Josh Pritt
  • Brenna
  • Greg Brown
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Karl Sackett
  • Bob Kepfler
  • Tuttle
  • Alice Scanland
  • Tim Heath (presenting facilities updates)
  • Phil Showers (presenting financial updates)
  • Joseph Baxley
  • Josh Carr
  • Jennifer Paulsen

Meeting Minutes

Satyam Nayak began the meeting at 19:31.

Phil Showers gave the financial update (see section above). It lasted from 19:32 to 19:39.

  • Financial update errata: the December report was incorrect due to an accounting software glitch.

Tim Heath gave the facilities update starting at 19:39.

  • The big heater is currently on the fritz again. Phil plans to have it functional again before the LAN party.
  • The shop has been heavily cleaned for the LAN party.
  • If you need heat, there are two kerosene heaters that still work.
  • For the next two days, please keep the sawdust to the minimum so we don't have to do major cleaning before the LAN party.
  • We've apparently had a couple of problems with personal drinks disappearing. Please label things with your name in the fridge.
  • Don't be afraid to clean up messes that someone else left.

The next meeting will be February 14th.

There will be a LAN party this Saturday, January 17 at 20:00.

From Josh Pritt: Please do not put food trash in the recycle bins.

Satyam Nayak adjourned the meeting at 19:46.