Meetings/2013-07

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • July 31, 2013
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Action Items

  • Facilities Director should identify someone each general meeting to empty the air conditioner pickle bucket.

Treasurer's Report

Finance Committee

If you are a new member, after you make your first donation, please log in to the donation system.

The donation system will look like this


Click the "unpaid" link in the month you just made your donation for.

This will make that month appear as "pending".

Pending donation for August


Then the treasurer, upon verification of receipt of the donation, will mark that month as "paid".

Donation paid for August


If you do not log in and mark the first month as pending, it makes my job much harder.

Also, if you are having financial troubles and can not make your pledged monthly donation, please talk to me!


Finances

  • Term: July 2013
    • Donations: $213.95
    • Members: $1022.53 (44)
    • Net Profit: $-256.27
    • Expenses: $1492.75
      • July 2013 Utilities: $317.85
      • July 2013 Dumpster: $65
      • August 2013 Cable: $97.95
      • July 2013 Cable: $77.95
      • August 2013 Rent: $900
      • Vitelity Communications, Inc. (shop phone): $20
      • Water Reimbursement: $14
    • Average donation per person: $23.2393181818182
    • Average expense per person: $32.1534090909091


  • Term: June 2013
    • Donations: $919.85
      • Lan Party 2013: $55
      • Pig Roast 2013 (PayPal): $116.9
      • Pig Roast 2013: $340
    • Members: $1309.16 (51)
    • Net Profit: $518.96
    • Expenses: $1710.05
      • Regions Banking Fee: $15
      • June 2013 Dumpster: $65
      • July 2013 Rent: $900
      • June 2013 Utilities: $383.6
      • June 2013 Cable: $77.95
      • May 2013 Utilities: $268.5
    • Average donation per person: $25.6698039215686
    • Average expense per person: $26.6676470588235

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Shelf added in Kitchen Greg, Phill
Renovated Arts and Crafts Daniel and Family
New AC unit for Lobby Phill, Jeff, Tyler
Closing checklist posted Tim

Planned Improvements

New sink in Kitchen Greg, Phill
Radio Tower (before ham fest) Justin, Tim
Expanding Member Storage Tim, volunteers

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Tyler Gilmore
  • Martin Munn
  • Cameron Kellough
  • Kirk McCann
  • Jesse Schirmer
  • Charlotte Ellett

Discussion Topics

How much money has currently been raised for kitchen improvements?

Attending

  • Jake Polatty
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Tim Heath (facilities director)
  • Josh Pritt
  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Greg Brown
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Jennifer Paulsen (treasurer)
  • Kyle Centers
  • David Brown
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Cameron Kellough
  • Martin Munn

Meeting Minutes

19:32 - Meeting started 19:32 - Tim makes facilities announcements:

  • Please empty the condensation buckets under the air conditioners if you notice them getting full.

19:36 - Treasurer's report:

  • Please login to the donation system and mark your months as donated at least once so that you get registered in the donation system. THIS MUST BE DONE AT LEAST ONCE.
  • We are doing very good finance-wise. We are currently at 10 months worth of expenses saved up and we're shooting for 1 year worth of expenses in the bank.
  • The Tuesday dinners have netted us $320 to use toward kitchen improvements.
  • Please do not make improvements to the building expecting a reimbursement unless it has been cleared through facilities first (Tim Heath).
  • Please donate early and often as it makes things a lot easier on our end.
  • The pig roast netted $457ish.

19:45 - Facilities report:

  • Shelving has been installed in the kitchen for some of the appliances so that we can have usable counter space.
  • David Valdez and family put a new work desk upstairs and new lighting.
  • There is a possibility of signs being made for areas upstairs via Jake.
  • The secondary air conditioner in the lobby area is doing a great job at keeping the area cool, but please remember to turn it off if you're the last one out.
  • The next planned improvement is a larger sink for the kitchen.
  • We're going to make a push to erect the radio tower in the near future.
  • We have a glass-top stove being donated and it will be picked up next Friday.
  • The mirrors are finally going away! After this Friday, whatever is left is fair game.
  • We're going to erect some more member storage in place of the mirrors, tower, and recycling.
  • Some of the funds that were earmarked for shop improvement projects have not been touched. This was brought up and we need to push forward on the approved projects or repurpose the funds.
  • When you make a mess, please clean it up and leave the area a little better than you found it.

19:55 - General project update:

  • Sugru instructables build night went well and we're working on getting the projects documented and up.
  • We missed the build event opportunity for August, but we're looking at getting on board for the one in September.
  • The LED wall project is moving forward and Tyler will need additional help with it soon. Look forward to a solder party.
  • The Lowe Mill Artist/Engineer mixer went well and generated plenty of interest in the organization.

20:04 - Events:

  • There is likely to be another retro game night in September
  • There is a HAM fest on August 17 and 18, Greg has a table.
  • Dragon*Con is occurring at the end of August.


The next meeting will occur Thursday August 15.

The FCC is opening some more low power FM bands in October and we would be a good candidate organization since we've been around for quite a while and we're already a 501.c3.

For those that don't know, there's a calendar ICS file that is importable into your favorite calendering application of choice that contains events properly marked as such.