Meetings/2013-09

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • September 19, 2013
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

Finance Committee

We are doing really good so far for the month of September! Donate early! Donate often!

Finances

  • Term: September 2013
    • Donations: $377.59
    • Members: $834.24 (32)
    • Net Profit: $780.92
    • Expenses: $430.91
      • October 2013 Cable: $87.95
      • August 2013 Utilities: $277.96
      • September 2013 Dumpster: $65
      • Reimbursement to Greg: $269.89
    • Average donation per person: $26.07
    • Average estimated expense per person: $41.5909375


  • Term: August 2013
    • Donations: $260
      • Northrop Donation: $210
      • Random Donation (Scott Armstrong): $40
    • Members: $1165.31 (47)
    • Net Profit: $357.36
    • Expenses: $1067.95
      • Septmber 2013 Rent: $900
      • August 2013 Dumpster: $65
      • September 2013 Cable: $87.95
      • Regions Banking Fee: $15
    • Average donation per person: $24.793829787234
    • Average estimated expense per person: $30.1691489361702

Facilities Committee

Improvements

New oven in Kitchen Greg, Jeff, and you.. now... go help!

Planned Improvements

Radio Tower Justin, Tim, Mysterious Stranger from Tuesday night.
Expanding Member Storage Tim, volunteers
Shop signs Tim, Barbra, volunteers
August "Extra Clean Day" 31st (D-con) Tim, volunteers

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics

Attending

  • Jake Polatty
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Justin Richards
  • Tahirih Erisson-Osborne
  • Jesse
  • Charlotte
  • Michelle Faris
  • Jessica Jackson
  • Greg Brown
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • John Kelly
  • Matt Varian
  • Josh Pritt
  • Kirk McCann
  • Chris Bero
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Jennifer Paulsen (treasurer)

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:30. There are no action items.

Phil and Tyler discussed the finances as per above. Regions has been failing to be a good bank. They sent out a check that had nothing to back it and it bounced. We're still working on closing it. We are now with redstone and hope to soon be only with redstone.

The facilities upkeep fund has been growing and we have plenty more to do. The far wall is going to get a rework and another section of flooring is likely to be installed sooner rather than later. We are also planning to replace the large sign out front and creating lots of other signs for around the shop.

Events: National Plug-in day. It is occurring Sunday September 29. It is occurring at the large solar panels on the corner of Airport Rd. and Memorial Pky.

Phreaknic is occurring this weekend and a significant contingent will be attending.

We had an instructables build night for inkodye that no one showed up for.

A synchronous hackathon is coming up on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October.

There will be a pumpkin carving night in October.

The frame for the LED water wall prototype has been built and that project is moving forward.

The kitchen is now nearly done with the only issue remaining being a minor leak.

Makers Local 256 was mentioned by EETimes in an article about the revamped USB/NFC door lock.

Josh Pritt is building a telepresence robot out of a roomba and some other parts.

The Foomatic space in Montgomery is opening up and they have suggested having a persistent video conference between spaces.

The next meeting will occur on October 17.