Meetings/2014-01

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • January 16, 2014
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Action Items

Treasurer's Report

Finance Committee

Finances

  • Term: January 2014
    • Donations: $39.89
      • May 2014 Donation: $1
      • Amazon Associates: $38.89
    • Members: $596.2 (32)
    • Net Profit: $-611.93
    • Expenses: $1248.02
      • February 2014 Cable: $87.95
      • January 2014 Rent: $900
      • December 2013 Utilities: $260.07
    • Average donation per person: $18.63125
    • Average expense per person: $39.000625


  • Term: December 2013
    • Donations: $361.8
      • Credit Dividend : $1.44
      • January 2104 Donation: $4.79
      • December 2103 Donation: $4.79
      • Reimbursement to Phil: $101.57
      • Recycling Cans: $6
      • Reimbursement to Cameron: $21.96
      • November 20123 Donation: $9.63
      • February 2014 Doantion: $50
      • Reimbursement to Phil: $151.62
      • December 2013 VPS: $10
    • Members: $1063.55 (48)
    • Net Profit: $1000.98
    • Expenses: $424.37
      • January 2014 Dumpster: $65
      • December 2013 Dumpster: $65
      • January 2014 Cable: $87.95
      • November 2013 Utilities: $206.42
    • Average donation per person: $22.1572916666667
    • Average estimated expense per person: $27.5910416666667

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Clean up day Tim, Phil, Kinsey, Tyler, Charlotte
NEW TABLE SURFACES Phil

Planned Improvements

Power Outlets in the loft Daniel, Cameron, Jake, Phil
Radio Tower Justin, Tim, Mysterious Stranger from Tuesday night.
Shop signs Tim, Barbra, volunteers

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics

Attending

  • Lowell Killen
  • Jennifer Paulsen (treasurer)
  • Jake Pollaty
  • Jessie Scrimsher
  • Charlotte Ellet
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Phil Showers (chairman)
  • Tyler Crumpton (deputy secretary)
  • Martin Munn
  • Justin Richards
  • Bob Klepfer
  • Wayne Neumeyer
  • Daniel Valdez
  • Nathan Warner

Meeting Minutes

Phil began the meeting at 7:30PM.

We need to submit the 990-N form soon. Phil and Jennifer will get together on that.

There is an inventory page on Section42/Inventory for loaned equipment. Please put any items you have on loan to the organization on this page so that people will know to contact you for any reasons.

Jennifer gave the treasurer's report at 7:32PM. We can now accept BitCoin for monthly donations and we have about 11 months of operating costs saved up.

Phil gave the facilities report in Tim's stead at 7:33PM. We have new table surfaces, so please treat them nicely. We are planning on having another cleanup day soon. Daniel, Cameron, Jake, and Phil are going to put new power outlets and another section of flooring upstairs as soon as the weather gets better. There is still no further contact from the mysterious stranger that offered to help with the radio tower and then disappeared. Barbara and Tim will be working on signs for around the shop and possibly a reproduction of the outside sign since it is now fairly weathered. Nathan fixed the UPS by replacing the battery (HOORAY).

7:37: Event updates

  • The CEO of Downtown Huntsville Inc. wants to do a mini event this spring or summer involving the canal and floating lanterns, but with beach balls at sunset.
  • We haven't heard back from TC yet on the water wall, but that should be coming back up now that the tinsel trail is done.

Projects: Wayne, David, and Daniel are working on a larger vacuum former (21x21) that will run on 220.

7:43: Buck Clemmons presented about his company and dealings with 3D design/printers. His software is geared towards novice non-engineer users and is targeting a very intuitive experience.

The next meeting will occur on February 13.