From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • May 14, 2014
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Treasurer's Report


  • Expenses Per Month:
  • $900 - Rent
  • $300 - Utilities
  • $88 - Internet
  • $65 - Waste Away
  • $5.20 - USPS - $62/year
  • $37.50 - Insurance - $450/year
  • Total Expenses - $1395.70

This does not include other misc expenses that we have every year like what you see in the April expenses list.

We have lost several members and members have lowered their pledged monthly donation. So we have a negative income right now.

Income Right Now Before New Members - $1390.93

Which is a -$4.77

Income When New Members Donate - $1475.93

Which is a +$80.23


If you need to lower your pledged monthly donation, you need to email me first. Some people have lowered their donation and they don't email me. This messes with the books and my ability to plan our expenses.

Finance Committee


  • Term: May 2014
    • Donations: $0
    • Members: $1006.54 (38)
    • Net Profit: $658.03
    • Expenses: $363.51
      • USPS PO Box Bill: $62
      • April 2014 Utilities: $301.51
  • Term: April 2014
    • Donations: $325.65
      • Credit Dividend : $1.45
      • Random Donation (Ilmar Luik): $5
      • Random Donation: $15
      • Recycling Cans: $18.2
      • April 8, 2014 Coke Machine: $286
    • Members: $1347.99 (56)
    • Net Profit: $-1290.03
    • Expenses: $2711.02
      • May 2014 Rent: $900
      • April 2014 Dumpster: $65
      • May 2014 Cable: $87.95
      • RapidSSL Renewal - Nathan Warner Reimbursed: $10.95
      • Insurance: $450
      • March 2014 Utilities: $262.61
      • (domain names X1 year) - Nathan Warner Reimbursed: $34.51
      • April 2014 Rent: $900
    • Facilities Fund Expenses: $408.31
      • Reimbursement to Daniel - Lighting Stuff: $408.31
    • Grant Reimbursements: $98.96
      • Shelves Grant Reimbursement to Phil Showers: $98.96

Facilities Committee


  • New outlets and lights in the loft.
    • probably old news
  • Outdoor Gardening Started
    • Landscaping not withstanding, Reminder that building any new structures outside MUST be approved by the landlord and SHOULD be approved by the board. Please do not break any city ordinances. Feel free to send questions to the facility's committee.
  • New Network stuff!
    • This is and isn't a "Facilities" issue, but I figured I could point it out here.

Planned Improvements

  • New power lines run to new outlets in loft


New Members

  • Daniel B C Rhodes

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Discussion Topics


  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Tim Heath (facilities director)
  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Jennifer Paulsen (treasurer)
  • Phil Showers (deputy admin)
  • Lowell
  • Josh Carr
  • Amanda Nobles
  • Ray Nordin
  • Phillys Whittlesey
  • John Kelley
  • Matt Varian
  • Charlotte Ellett
  • Dmitriy Plaks
  • Jessie Scrimsher
  • Ashley Ultim
  • Chris Bero
  • Scott Morales
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Jake Polatty
  • Jeff Cotten

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:32.

We filed the 990 tax form for last year (it's not late, our financial year is weird).

Jennifer gave the treasurer's report at 19:33 (see above). If you wish to change your donation, make sure you tell Jennifer.

Tim gave the facilities report at 19:37. There are new lights and outlets in the loft! We are beginning to garden outdoor and there is a club to manage it. Any semi-permanent structures need to be discussed with the facilities director. The network has been revamped thanks to Nathan and Hunter. We plan to allocate a new breaker for the upgraded wiring soon (they're currently on the lights breaker). Ashley is looking into MSDS for chemical storage.

Events: We recently participated in the Ludum Dare 72 hour game programming competition. Phoenix Festival is coming up soon in Birmingham and several members will be participating. Josh Carr is thinking about starting a "Makers Making a Living" meetup on Monday nights (twice a month to start out, look for emails in the near future). There is a pig roast next month on June 14th and we'll be cooking the pig the night before. There will also be a LAN part afterwards. Please sign up for side dishes if you're interested. Have side items here by 11:00AM. We will also be cleaning the shop before the pig roast/LAN party. Charlotte and Jessie started a local chapter of the independent game developers that meet at the Nook on the first Monday of each month. There is a sumobot competition in July (see Tyler for further details). Scott is interested in setting up pinewood derby racing so talk to him if you're interested in participating. Chad of DHI has been talking with Tyler about colored beachballs with LEDs to float in Big Spring Park. Show up tomorrow at 7:30PM to help color them. Sip and Hatch occurs at 5:00PM tomorrow at the Nook.

The next meeting will occur on June 18th.