Meetings/2014-06

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • June 18, 2014
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

We made $514.37 from the pig roast!

Thanks to all those who made the event a huge success!!

Finance Committee

Finances

  • Term: June 2014
    • Donations: $510
      • Random Donation: $20
      • Pig Roast 2014: $480
      • June 2014 VPS: $10
    • Members: $991.81 (41)
    • Net Profit: $126.92
    • Expenses: $1374.89
      • July 2014 Cable: $87.95
      • May 2014 Utilities: $361.94
      • June 2014 Rent: $925
  • Term: May 2014
    • Donations: $38.1
      • Credit Dividend : $1.44
      • Random Donation: $17.4
      • Random Donation - Darin Daggett: $19.26
    • Members: $1214.27 (53)
    • Net Profit: $750.91
    • Expenses: $516.46
      • May 2014 Dumpster: $65
      • USPS PO Box Bill: $62
      • June 2014 Cable: $87.95
      • April 2014 Utilities: $301.51

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • David Pemerton
  • Buddy Jones

Discussion Topics

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Phyllis Whittlesey
  • Hunter
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Phil Showers
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Ashley West
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Tim Heath
  • John Kelly
  • Lowell
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Scott Morales
  • John
  • Sam
  • Jennifer Paulsen

Meeting Minutes

Tyler Crumpton began the meeting at 19:32.

Jennifer gave the treasurer's report at 19:33.

We made a decent amount from the pig roast fundraiser and there is discussion about having an extra dumpster pickup right after the pig roast to prevent the horror that is currently the dumpster.

Tim gave the facilities report at 19:37. The sink in the office needs to be fixed and there are some outlets that still need to be replaced. We're looking at putting motion detectors on some lights that are often left on.

We're looking at using some of the proceeds from the pig roast to acquire a plasma cutter which we can then use to build a rotating spit for the next pig roast.

Tyler talked about projects and events at 19:45. Sumo bot is next month. Saturday July 12th

Friday Tyler is throwing the beachballs off of city hall on Friday around 8:30PM. This will be during the food truck event.

Please email Jeff Cotten and Hunter if the front door is not accepting USB keys or NFC properly.

This Saturday there is a raspberry pi class run by Shae Erisson at 4PM.

If anyone has photos from the pig roast or lan party, please post them somewhere and let Scott Morales know.

We're thinking about holding a welding class in the near future since there is sufficient interest.

Next meeting date will be July 16.

New action item: Update new member walkthough for policies proposal and make sure the policies page is accurate.