From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • May 21, 2015
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

990-N has been filed for the 5/1/2014 to 4/30/2015 year

Finance Committee

We have 79 members.

Members we lost:

  1. Nolan Cash


  • Term: May 2015
    • Donations: $168.20
      • AmazonSmile: $18.2
      • Random Donation - Eric Lang: $150
    • Members: $475.16 (25)
    • Net Profit: -$986.64
    • Expenses: $1461.80
      • May 2015 Rent: $950
      • May 2015 Utilities: $358.85
      • May 2015 Cable: $87.95
      • May 2015 Dumpster: $65

  • Misc Expenses
    • Insurance: $450
    • PO Box: $62
    • (domain names X3 year) - Hunter Fuller Reimbursed: $33.84

  • Coke Machine Fund: $1314.34
  • Facilities Fund: $131.98
  • Projects Fund: $319.52

  • Term: April 2015
    • Donations: $26.90
      • Credit Dividend: $1.4
      • Amazon: $11.75
      • Random Donation: $10
      • Random Donation - Brian: $7.5
      • Random Donation - John: $8
    • Members: $759.56 (36)
    • Net Profit: -$681.20
    • Expenses: $1440.76
      • April 2015 Rent: $925
      • April 2015 Utilities: $362.81
      • April 2015 Cable: $87.95
      • April 2015 Dumpster: $65

Facilities Committee


Mega Cleanup Day was a Triumph! Great Success!
The light in the sewing section was replaced.
The Library was moved to the foyer, and Embedded Dev moved upstairs.
The Ham Station moved up to A/V
The Sewing section has expanded into part of the green floor section, We may repaint, We may leave it as is (repainting is disruptive as everything has to be removed)
The sagging Loft Joist has been reinforced and the floor under the Wide Format Plotter is less scary.

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
The sink in the loft will be undergoing repairs ASAP. But until its fixed, please dont use it. Phil, Kinsey (maybe)


New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Mike Patton
  • Chris Beaman
  • Ryan Coons

Discussion Topics

  • Jeff and Tyler met with Mr. Hamilton who is the Huntsville City Planner. He said that the 100,000 sqft middle school being re-purposed for educational non-profits was a "definite maybe" for our organization. He also mentioned that the city has a strong desire to meet the needs of multiple orgs by letting them share space, and asked us to think on whether that could be part of our Model. Mr. Hamilton said he would keep our organization in the dialogue of what their expectations are, and if we are a good fit for what they're looking for.


  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Raymond Nordin
  • Brian Oborn
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Chris Bero
  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Brian Pappas
  • Dustin Clark
  • Nathan Warner
  • Nick Huskinson
  • Hunter
  • Phil Showers (facilities)
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Jennifer Paulsen (treasurer)
  • David Merchant
  • Dmitriy Plaks
  • Benjamin Tarsa

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:31.

Jennifer gave the treasurer's report at 19:32 (see above)

We are considering upgrading our internet service in the near future and Hunter is investigating further.

Phil gave the facilities report at 19:38. We just had a massive clean up and reorganization day where we fixed many things and great joy was had by all. The sewing section has been expanded and the loft has been reinforced. The sink in the loft is broken and we're working on fixing it. If gardening projects need water, the A/C unit in the fab lab generates quite a bit in the orange bucket under the desks.

Eat and Educate has been occurring every 2 weeks and we just had our fourth one today.

July 11 is the pig roast. There will be a silent auction and a LAN party afterwards. If you have anything you'd like to be in the auction, please contact Benjamin Tarsa.

On Cinco de Mayo, Tyler and Nathan took the light swing down to Humphry's for a demonstration with DHI.

Jennifer is planning a canoe and kayaking trip for next month, so check the wiki and sign up!

The new laser cutter is still being worked on and currently has an inadequate power supply.

We currently have 79 members!

The next meeting will occur on June 18th.