From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • July 23, 2015
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Treasurer's Report

We have 83 members.

Finance Committee

The gnucash book is broken. I get the following error:

"Use of uninitialized value $desc in pattern match (m//) at ./ line 66."

Which means I have probably entered data into gnucash wrong. I will upload the treasurer's report when I get back into town and have time to find the error in gnucash.


Facilities Committee


Metal Lathe assembled and South Wall has Been Modified. Currently we are trying to decide if the shop needs 3 Lathes.
The powerbolt has been having troubles with the batteries becoming unseated. Please don't slam the door when you close it.

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties


New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Michael Greenway

Discussion Topics


  • Shae Erisson
  • Phil Showers
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Travis Crumpton
  • Stewart
  • Lowell
  • Ray Nordin
  • John Martin
  • Matt Varian
  • Michael Greenwood
  • Tim Heath
  • Sam McNeat
  • Nathan Warner

Meeting Minutes

Tyler Crumpton started the meeting at 19:30.

Tyler gave the treasurer's report at 19:31 since he is the deputy treasurer and Jennifer is not here. See above for details.

Phil gave the facilities report at 19:33. The south wall is now done as far as member grants go. The remainder of the member grant for the south wall will go into the facilities fund. The powerbolt has been finicky lately, so please don't slam the door even though there's a catch. There is a new metal lathe on the south wall that was donated before the pig roast. We've been having some VM host issues that we're working through, but it hasn't affected the website thanks to Nathan's efforts. The new large laser cutter is now functional with minor caveats. Talk to Daniel Valdez if you're interested.


The pig roast happened recently! We had 100+ people that came and donated. The LAN party went well.

The Huntsville Hamfest is coming up in the middle of August. It's always a blast. There is a fee to enter.

Shae gave an E'n'E about Haskell recently. Mog will be giving one in the near future among others, so keep an eye on the calendar.

Shae visited 3 makerspaces this past weekend and wants to talk about it!

The next meeting will occur on August 20th.