Meetings/2015-10

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • October 22, 2015
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Action Items

Member Grants 2015

  • When will the New Office Window be installed? Answer: Saturday, Oct 17
  • Should we start new grant votes for unused "Blog/Wiki move" and leftover "Floor in arts area"?
    • Answer: The unused "Floor in arts area" is specifically supposed to rolled into the Facilities fund as per the grant written for it. The current host is only hosting us out of the goodness of his heart and because two of our members work there, normally that company charges far higher than normal prices than industry standard for hosting. That said, we could decide that the original grant has been obsoleted due to our current situation, and re-propose grants for it.

Treasurer's Report

Finance Committee

We have 79 members.

Members we lost:

  1. William LeBlanc (Tuttle)
  2. Cameron Kellough
  3. Melissa Holland
  4. Tycho Clendenny

Finances

  • Term: October 2015
    • Donations: $58.82
      • Random Donation - Retro Game Night: $38.82
      • Random Donation - Lisa Shier: $20
    • Members: $1007.18 (53)
    • Net Profit: -$95.77
    • Expenses: $1102.95
      • October 2015 Rent: $950.00
      • October 2015 Cable: $87.95
      • October 2015 Dumpster: $65.00
      • October 2015 Utilities: Not Paid
    • Facilities Fund: $95.14
      • Reimbursement to Phil - Facilities Stuff: $120.26
      • October 13, 2015 Kitchen Fund: $42.00
      • October 30, 2015 Kitchen Fund: $49.18
    • Coke Machine Fund: $ 1303.92
      • October 11, 2015 Coke Machine Fund: $60
      • Reimbursement to Kinsey: $45.77
      • Reimbursement to Kinsey: $43.58
      • Reimbursement to Kinsey: $23.98
    • Projects Fund: $129.77
    • Member Grant Fund: $ 400.00


  • Term: September 2015
    • Donations: $288.12
      • Credit Dividend: $1.12
      • Curse Sponsorship - Retro Game Night: $250
      • Random Donation: $2
    • Members: $1235 (65)
    • Net Profit: -$220.92
    • Expenses: $1455.92
      • September 2015 Rent: $950
      • September 2015 Cable: $87.95
      • September 2015 Dumpster: $65.00
      • September 2015 Utilities: $352.97

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Replaced Ballast in Kitchen phil
Repaired front flood light travis, josh, & amanda
Replaced Ballast in main shop area phil and travis
Replaced Office window Dmitry and unknown others
Cleanup Day Kinsey, Chrys, Tyler, Travis, Hunter, &erson, John, Tim, Lisa, and others

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

  • Keep an eye on EnE

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • David Tabb

Discussion Topics

Attending

  • Compuhacker
  • Dustin Clark
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Matt Varian
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Travis Crumpton
  • Jennifer Paulsen
  • Ben Tarsa
  • Phil Showers
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Chris Bero
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Matt Sanderson
  • Dmitriy Plaks
  • Nathan Warner
  • Tim Heath
  • Matt O'Gorman
  • Greg Brown
  • Kirstin DeRosa

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting with board elections at 19:30. Votes were collected at 19:36.

Action items: The new office window has been installed.

Treasurer's report was given by Jennifer Paulsen at 19:38 (see above).

Phil gave the facilities report at 19:43. We replaced bulbs and ballasts to improve lighting. Some more lighting improvements are on the way. The office window has been installed. We have a new cable modem since our old one was obseleted. We will be running electricity for the new incoming CNC and are considering enclosing part of the loft for climate control. New temperature data has been incorporated into our website's camera page.

Events: There will be an Eat and Educate two weeks from now, so be watching for announcements.

Retro Game night was a great success. We had lots of people here and brought in some money for improvements.

This Saturday at 5:30PM there will be a pumpkin carving night.

Phreaknic is coming up 2 weeks from now. Many of us are going.

The next meeting will occur on November 19th.