Meetings/2016-06

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • June 23, 2016
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Dutch Osborne

Misc

Attending

  • Ronnie Marion, Jr.
  • Ben Tarsa (chairman)
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Ryen
  • Michele Cotten
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Greg Brown
  • Liz Weber
  • Jake Harris
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Chris Bero (facilities director)
  • Norm Marshall

Meeting Minutes

Ben started the meeting at 19:31.

Ben reviewed the action items at 19:31. We're no longer sending bad checks (hopefully)!

Jeff attempted to give the treasurer's report at 19:33 (see above (or not)).

Chris gave the facilities report at 19:34. The bathroom is under heavy progress and should be done before the pig roast. We're still working out the financials for that project. Planning for the mast for the HAM radio group is still in progress as is the fab lab extension. We're looking into upgrading the lights and putting cameras outside to improve security of the shop. Hunter got frustrated at the VM hosts and built a new one. The VM hosts are far more stable now! If you told Hunter you would help out with the cost of that, please follow up if you haven't already. There will be a meeting at 5:30PM next Tuesday to discuss the extension of the fablab.

Events (19:39): We still need at least one volunteer for a side dish for the pig roast if not more. There will be a rummage sale sponsored by Rocket Westies during the pig roast on-site. There will be a LAN party after the pig roast. If you want to run a server, please talk to Greg Brown.

The followup leatherworking class will be July 6th (Wednesday).

Be on the lookout for people you don't know and engage them in conversation on public nights!

The next meeting will occur July 21st at 7:30PM.