From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • July 21, 2016
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report


  • Money In $1,143.48
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:PO Box $70.00
  • Expenses:Rent $950.00
  • Expenses:Utilities $350.39
  • Money Out $1,370.39
  • Difference $(226.91)


  • Money In $1,263.46
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Rent $1,950.00
  • Expenses:Utilities $326.61
  • Expenses:WOW $37.78
  • Expenses:Waste Away $130.00
  • Money Out $2,444.39
  • Difference $(1,180.93) (2 rent cheques posted in june)

2016 Pig Roast

  • Money In: $2216.33
    • Silent Auction: ~$238
    • Money from Curse: $500
    • Random - $79
    • Plates - $1399.33
      • Cashbox - $1,080.10
      • Digital Currencies - $319.23
  • Money Out: $682.34
    • Cash Box: $140
    • Pig Raw Materials: $459.34
    • Processing fee: $83

Total: $1533.99

Facilities Committee


Item Responsible Parties
Bathroom Facilities committee
Hallway door latch Chris Bero

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties


New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • David Pemerton
  • John Phillips



  • Jake Harris
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Chris Bero (facilities)
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Michele Cotten
  • Ben Tarsa (chairman)
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Phil Showers (treasurer)
  • Dmitriy Plaks
  • Jake Polatty

Meeting Minutes

Ben started the meeting at 19:30 with a review of the action items.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:31 (see above).

Chris gave the facilities report at 19:34. The pig roast happened and went well. The bathroom is mostly done and a spring has been put on the door to the main area to keep it from being accidentally left open. Thanks to Norm for continuing to mow the lawn! We have several large facilities improvement projects coming up soon.

Events: We had a pig roast and it was the most successful fund raiser to date and beyond the pig itself, the silent auction was a big part of that. The Rocket Westies netted over $300 between their bake sale and random donations.

We're looking into purchasing a new large laser cutter that is relatively equivalent to the one that Greg was loaning to us and working through the logistics and costs involved. We are in the process of starting an indiegogo campaign.

We'll be having the CRP makerspace organizers over here sometime soon to take a look around and get our history as well as a lessons learned.

Ben will be recording a radio spot for NPR to advertise about Tuesday public nights.

Next will be an EnE with Phil for mold making.

The next meeting will occur August 18th.