Meetings/2017-01

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • January 19, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

  • Announce ability to request 501c3 Donation Receipts for 2016
  • Draining of Air Compressor

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

December

  • Money In: Members $1005.13
  • Money In: Other (Bathroom reimbursement+ TNFs) $85.30
  • Money In: Total $1,090.43
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Utilities $266.10
  • Expenses:WOW $61.00
  • Expenses:Waste Away $0
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements) $0
  • Expenses:Rent $975.00
  • Money Out $1,302.10
  • Difference $-211.67

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,251.13
  • Facilities Fund: $394.15
  • Pig Roast Fund: $3,081.95
  • General Fund: $5,853.77

Total: $12,058.49

Errata

  • 2017 Imbalance: $473.05
    • This just means that we didn't spend as much as we thought we did.

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Work tables resurfaced Phil & Kinsey
LED floursecent bulbs Kinsey, ctag & phil
Door Closer fixed Nathan P.
Food disposal fixed Travis

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Network

  • Improved connection to ownCloud from on-premises. It no longer has to bounce through an off-site location. Downloading and uploading files from/to ownCloud while on the Makers Local premises will be much, much faster now. hfuller (talk) 20:04, 6 January 2017 (CST)
  • Completed further work on the ZoneMinder VM. Now storing over 10 days of recordings from six cameras. Need to enlarge the HDD to store more recordings. hfuller (talk) 19:03, 19 January 2017 (CST)

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Misc

Attending

  • Norm Marshall
  • Bradley Marshall
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Michele Cotten
  • Scott Morales
  • Phil Showers
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Nick Hanson
  • Nathan Warner
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Jake Harris
  • Daniel Valdez

Meeting Minutes

Michele started the meeting at 19:30 with a review of the action items.

Please email Nathan at treasurer@makerslocal.org if you need a donation receipt for taxes.

Nathan gave the treasurer's report at 19:33 (see above).

Events: There will be a meeting after this for anyone interested in publicizing the organization, so stick around if you're interested. We're looking at setting up an event at STA on an upcoming Monday during which $1 of every beer sold will be donated to Makers Local 256. Next month is chargercon and we're looking into participating. Norm is looking to host a "Roomba Rumble" in the near future sponsored by Makers Local 256 for exposure.

The facilities report was given at 19:38. The work tables have had their yearly resurfacing and several failing lights have been replaced with longer-lasting, brighter, and lower power LED bulbs. One of our new members, Nathan, helped to repair the door between the office and the main shop area. Travis fixed and performed a thorough cleaning of the disposal.

Hunter gave an IT update at 19:39. The camera system has been significantly updated and improved thanks to Hunter's efforts.'

Ronnie is still working on cutting down the video for the new laser fundraiser and interest in that fundraising needs to be rekindled.

The next meeting will occur on February 16th.