Meetings/2017-02

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • February 16, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

January

  • Money In: Members $2807.98
  • Money In: Other $720.82
  • Money In: Total $3,528.80
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Utilities $300.55
  • Expenses:WOW $61.00
  • Expenses:Waste Away $130
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements) $0
  • Expenses:Rent $(cashed in Feb)
  • Money Out $544.10
  • Difference $2,984.70

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,198.58
  • Facilities Fund: $394.15
  • Pig Roast Fund: $3,081.95
  • General Fund: $6,404.36

Total: $12,556.53


Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

Misc

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Michele Cotten (chairperson)
  • CJ
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Jake Polatty
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Phil Showers
  • LJ
  • Lisa Shier

Meeting Minutes

Michele started the meeting at 19:32 with a review of action items.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:33 (see above).

Phil gave the facilities report for Ronnie at 19:35. We installed some new lights in the tool area to improve the lighting situation since some ballasts were dieing. The clock facing the shop area from the office window has lost its controller for the time being and so does not currently tell the time. We're in the process of installing some smart lighting thanks to Synapse via Tyler Crumpton. We got a new larger kiln thanks to Phil to replace the current one since it has lost an element and has some issues.

We're opting not to have a table at ChargerCon since we don't want our volunteers stretched too thin and we're going to focus on the Rocket Republic event next weekend where we'll also be selling some random items that we've produced here.

The Nerd Rummage Sale will occur on April 1st. It may occur at Makers Local 256 depending on circumstances and is being organized by Halley Martin.

We're having an event on May 1st at STA as the non-profit of the night.

We're apparently a bit confused about the status of the large laser fund raiser, so look for updates via the mailing list in the near future.

LJ donated a drawing tablet for use by the shop. Thanks LJ!

Textiles area: We don't have concrete plans yet, but we're still working out our ideas.

The next meeting will occur on March 16th.