Meetings/2017-03

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • March 16, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

February

  • Money In: Members $936.79
  • Money In: Other $29.87
  • Money In: Total $966.66
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Utilities $402.45
  • Expenses:WOW $0
  • Expenses:Waste Away $65
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements) $0
  • Expenses:Rent $975
  • Money Out $1442.45
  • Difference $-475.79

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,198.58
  • Facilities Fund: $394.15
  • Pig Roast Fund: $3,081.95
  • General Fund: $5,725.51

Total: $11,877.68

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

  • Nerd Rummage Sale is April 1st
  • Makers @ STA is May 1st
  • Makers Invited to Participate in Fly-In Event June 3rd. Early to mid may is the deadline for committing attendance as an official booth participant.
  • Pig Roast Talk

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • David Cantrell

Misc

  • application updated to not have pledge amount
  • Laser Cutter Update
    • The video files are available on the Fab Lab machine
    • After reviewing the footage from the laser cutter video, it appeared a lot of it was out of focus. Jeff has reached out to KnowHuntsville to see if they can put us in contact with a videographer that might be willing to shoot a video for us, and if so what the cost would be.

Attending

  • Carlos Barreras
  • Chris Bero
  • Phil Showers
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Michele Cotten (chairman)
  • Scott Morales
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • John Kelley

Meeting Minutes

Michele started the meeting at 19:30 with a review of the action items (none).

The heaters are shop property as donated by Jeff, and Jeff will sell/dispose of them by the end of the nerd rummage sale or they'll be tossed out afterward.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:34 (see above).

Tyler, Travis, and Hunter have been working on installing a lighting system. You can see this in action in the office and in the champagne room. Both have motion sensors and will turn on automatically as necessary and we're working toward more advanced features like lockouts.

There are weekly and monthly facility maintenance tasks on the sheets in the hallway, so take a look.

The nerd rummage sale is happening on April 1st and is being organized by Halley Martin. All tables will be outside, so come prepared.

There will be a sewing and patterns class for cloaks in association with NACC for the Madison Children's Theater in April.

On May 1st, Makers Local 256 will be featured at STA. We will be promoting and hosting activities such as CJ on stilts, nerd trivia, and ideas to come. This will need some volunteers as well.

Steve Boyer is helping organize a fly-in event and if we'd like to participate as an organization we need to let him know by mid-May.

The pig roast for this year doesn't have a date yet, but we're looking to start getting volunteers for tasks for the event. This is more work every year due to the increasing participation by the community and we were very close to not having enough volunteers last year. 7 or 8 dedicated volunteers would be ideal. We're not going to schedule the event until we have a full set of volunteers.

Next meeting will be board elections, so keep an eye out for the nominations email.

The donation amount has been removed from the membership application in favor of deciding it after member acceptance and communicated directly to the treasurer.

New footage for the laser video needs to be shot and Barbara will tentatively be heading this up in the near future.

The next meeting will occur on April 20th.