Meetings/2017-06

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • June 22, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

May

  • Money In: Members $1954.11
  • Money In: Other $420.89
  • Money In: Total $2375.90
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Utilities $268
  • Expenses:Waste Away $65
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements) $170
  • Expenses:Rent $975
  • Expenses:WOW $122
  • Expenses:PO Box $76
  • Money Out $1676.28
  • Difference $699.62

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,130.64
  • Facilities Fund: $568.34
  • Pig Roast Fund: $3,081.95
  • General Fund: $6131.45

Total: $12479.87

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties Actions Remaining
Next Enclosure Work Day
  • Mud and Paint
  • Install Fiberglass and put up remaining drywall
  • Install handles on doors
  • Install additional storage in Tool Area

Events

  • Pig Roast this Saturday
    • 3am - 6am shift
  • Gigaparts is looking to display our projects, and sell maker related items
  • STEAMWorks Maker Fair - July 8

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Barbara Attilio

Misc

Attending

  • Hunter Fuller (latte)
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Scott Morales
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Michele Cotten
  • David Pemerton
  • Travis Crumpton
  • Bradley Marshall
  • Chris Marshall
  • Phil Showers

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:32 with "The Intro" and a review of the action items (see above).

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:35 (see above). The laser cutter has been slowly crawling upward and is now around $3K.

Travis gave the facilities update at 19:38. The new craft room is now air conditioning-capable and the room is partially sealed. If you run the A/C, turn it off when you leave since it fills up a bucket a day. Hunter is running ethernet in the new room and Travis is working on improving the plumbing situation regarding the A/C water output. The room should be ready for the LAN party after the pig roast. All of our servers have been updated to Debian 8.0, which maintains the status quo.

Events: The pig roast is this Saturday! If someone is available for the 3am-6am shift, please contact Jeff! The pig should show up here around 2pm which is when the prep and cooking will start.

July 7th, bikes and brews 2nd stop will be at the shop. They will be giving a maintenance talk for bikes.

July 8th, SteamWorks is hosting not-a-maker-faire (because they can't call it that) including ML256, Google Fiber, etc.

Jeff and Tyler talked to Gigaparts this past Tuesday about including a more makery themed exhibit with GP providing the parts. Please contact either if you're interested in helping.

The next meeting will occur on July 20th.