Meetings/2017-08

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • August 17, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

- Laser Cutter purchase

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

July

  • Money In: Members $825.46
  • Money In: Other $3,929.92
  • Money In: Total $4,755.38
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Utilities $334
  • Expenses:Waste Away $105
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements) $30
  • Expenses:WOW $61
  • Money Out $529.97
  • Difference $4,255.41

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,209
  • Facilities Fund: $488.60
  • Pig Roast Fund: $3,677.43
  • Laser ONLY Fund: $3,985.90 ($3,734)
  • General Fund: $5,905.20

Total: $16,744.26

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

Past

  • 2017.08.10: Bicycle Maintenance Class

Future

  • 2017.08.12: Melt Day
  • GigaParts

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Daniel Hudson
  • Robert Butler

Misc

Attending

  • Nick Hanson
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Phil Showers (treasurer)
  • Bradley Marshall
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Jessie Chapman

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:30 with a review of the action items. The laser cutter funds are available and we're ready to place the order.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:33 (see above).

Tyler gave the facilities report at 19:39. The issue with the derelict vehicle has been resolved. The new craft area enclosure has its final coat of paint and it needs a little bit more work on the walls to put up showerboard. The yellow floored area will become IT staging/Dev and the green floored area will become raw materials storage.

Cascade (the change machine) is not currently reliable.

About 6 people turned up for the bicycle maintenance class, but this was about expected for our event due to weather.

On August 19th, Phil is having an aluminum melt/casting day.

If anyone is interested in helping build a trade show style booth for the gigaparts sales floor, talk to Tyler to join in!

The next meeting will occur on September 14th.