Meetings/2017-09

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • September 14, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

  • call out tyler's support of the brewnables event and their donation to us

August

  • Money In: Members $940.05
  • Money In: Other $1,303.66
  • Money In: Total $2,243.71
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Rent $1,000
  • Expenses:Utilities $370
  • Expenses:Waste Away $65
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements + laser) $5,112
  • Expenses:WOW $61
  • Money Out $6,609.00
  • Difference $(4,365.29)

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2795
  • Facilities Fund: $38
  • Laser Fund: $2686
  • General Fund: $5759

Total: $12,122

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Creation of Long Term Storage area user:milieu user:EnabrinTain
Member storage relocation (proposal out) user:tylercrumpton
Consolidated AV gear moved to long-term storage user:milieu user:EnabrinTain
relocating dev area (in progress) user:hfuller user:omegix
AV Shelf (to replace AV area) user:hfuller
new welding cart user:traviscrumpton
new table saw user:tylercrumpton

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Elise Haley
  • Gabriel Martini

Misc

Attending

  • Gabriel Martini
  • Travis Crumpton (Facilities director)
  • Tyler Crumpton (Chairman)
  • Kinsey Moore (Secretary)
  • Jake Harris
  • Phil Showers (Treasurer)
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Nick Hanson

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:31 with a distinct lack of action items.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:32 (see above). We purchased a laser! It will be shipping soon.

Travis gave the facilities report at 19:34. New storage shelves have been built upstairs and we're looking to transition member storage into bins and upstairs. The current shelving will be pulled apart and reassembled upstairs as necessary. The sewing room is done and usable! There is some accessory work left to do, but it does not prevent use of the room. There is a new welding cart that is replacing more than one existing cart. We have a new table saw that will be going into the space vacated by the current member shelves.

Events: Brewnewables is this weekend along with the art walk and TedXHuntsville. Retro game night is on October 21st at 4PM. Marketing materials are currently in work and involve Star Fox.

Tyler is working on pedestals for the Gigaparts display on which to display projects.

The next meeting will occur on October 19th. Keep an eye out for board election emails.