Meetings/2018-01

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • January 18, 2018
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

December

  • Money In: Members $823.67
  • Money In: Other $313.26
  • Money In: Total $1136.93
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Rent $2,000
  • Expenses:Utilities $254.60
  • Expenses:WOW $61
  • Money Out $2315.60
  • Difference $(1178.67)

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2649
  • Facilities Fund: $61
  • Laser Fund: $2181
  • General Fund: $4574

Total: $10841.34

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Finished tool party wall Phil, Travis, Jake
Put up tool area shelves Phil, Jake, Kinsey
Labeled lockers in tool area Jake
Replaced tabletops (but signs to add) PhilKinsey
Laser cutter fixed (but more to do) Tyler

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

  • laser party Feb 3rd (evening)
  • steamworks Feb 3rd (daytime)
  • charger con Feb 10

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Carla Kopp
  • Antonio Moore
  • Jonathan Owen

Misc

Attending

  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Phil Showers (treasurer)
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Jake Harris (facilities)
  • Nick Hanson
  • Paul Nix
  • Robert
  • Matt Sanderson
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Kirstin DeRosa

Meeting Minutes

Tyler Crumpton started the meeting at 19:30. There were no action items to review.

Phil gave the financial report at 19:31 (see above).

Jake gave the facilities report at 19:33. The tool area has been reworked quite a bit. There are 2 new shelves and the tool area wall of the textiles room has been finished with plywood and pegboard. Phil has resurfaced the tables and so is slightly less awful than normal. A large television has been mounted in the textiles room. The sewing table is going to be put on casters in the near future. Phil is currently also building a panel saw.

Events: Late this month: Several members are heading to Kamicon and are working on their costumes.

Feb 3: Steamworks grand opening and laser party. Tyler is expecting a corrected shirt proof soon.

Feb 10: Chargercon. If you're interested in helping out with this please let Jeff and Michele know (see email). We need people to man the tables from noon to midnight.

March: 10yr anniversary. Expect an event announcement soonish.

The next meeting will occur on February 15th.