From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • January 16, 2020
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report


  • Money In: Total $20,914.91
    • Money In: Members $16,653.37
    • Money In: Other $4,261.54
  • Money Out $21,061.19
    • Expenses:Utilities $4532
    • Expenses:WOW $793
    • Expenses:Dumpster $845
    • Expenses:Rent $11,600
    • Expenses:Misc $1264
    • Expenses:Insurance $475
  • Difference $(146.28)

Total: $10,487.19

Facilities Committee


Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties


New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Klaus Heimburg



  • Phil Showers (treasurer)
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Greg Brown (chairman)
  • Andrew
  • Aaron Rissler
  • Nathan Bouldin
  • Travis Crumpton
  • Michael Johnson
  • Will Meyers
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Michele Cotten

Meeting Minutes

Greg started the meeting at 19:31.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:32 (see above).

Michael gave the facilities report at 19:34. A new computer is being built for the fab lab and should be operational in the next week or so. The big laser has new e-stops again, got a new air pump, and its new blower is ready to be installed. The reconfiguration of laser peripherals should reduce future maintenance. The new air pump will also get a fan before the summer to keep it running longer term. We should be getting a newer nicer fridge from Kinsey tomorrow or this weekend and will be looking into routing water to it for ice. The network switch just outside the office in the main area needs a new fan before it gets warm. The CNC router is usable again with the new controller. The work tables will be getting new surfaces as soon as we can get them cleared off.

Events: We need to start considering the pig roast this year. Joe has been discussing hosting a Maker Faire (possibly mini). A great cleansing needs to occur soon, so we're considering proposals in the very near term with March as a target. Halley is looking for someone to take over the Nerd Rummage Sale for the future and she will not be organizing it this year.

The next meeting will occur on February 13th.