Meetings/2020-12

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • December 17, 2020
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

In the bank

$7,563.90

3 Month Report

Aug - Oct 2020

(Figures are Rounded)

  • Money In: Total $3,454
  • Money Out $5110
    • Expenses:Utilities $950
    • Expenses:WOW $183
    • Expenses:Dumpster $195 *$65/mo*
    • Expenses:Rent $3,300 *$1,100/mo*
    • Expenses:Misc $7
  • Difference -$1,656

Unusual Activity

  • With covid, our utility bills should have been very low. Instead they are high.

Upcoming Action Items

  • 2020 Fiscal Report (like 3 Month report, but all 12 months)
  • Member culling & covid leniency
  • Notification to members that annual 501c3 receipts are available by request

Treasury Committee

  • Coding volunteer needed
    • Use export of Paypal (csv) to insert lines into gnucash (xml)

Covid\Retention Impacts

We have 36 members that are 3+ Months behind on donating

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Jerry Robinson

Misc

Attending

  • Jeff Cotten
  • Michele Cotten
  • Grace Lemely (treasurer)
  • Bradley Marshall (chairman)
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Brian Belew (facilities)
  • Thomas Samper

Meeting Minutes

Bradley started the meeting at 19:37 with a review of the action items.

Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:39 (see above). We're down a little bit due to COVID, but our average utilities are down a little as well. We have several members (36) that are at least 3 months behind on donations and we're looking at some kind of mitigation given the circumstances.

Brian gave the facilities report at 19:47. We've been looking at adding timers to the equipment that is often left running. We're also looking at a forced air electric heater on a timer to make the space more usable. There is some laser maintenance that will occur on Sunday. The office toilet is currently out of order and will also be fixed on Sunday. We're working on repairing rodent damage and mitigating the rodent issue as well. This was a result of a reorganization that left food exposed. Thomas is looking to do a rework of the wood cart and tools.

We have been doing public nights on Tuesdays which are appropriately distanced and masked.

The next meeting will occur on January 14th.