Meetings/2021-08

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • August 19, 2021
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project Chairman
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

In the bank

  • Total: $8,608
    • Redstone: $7,800
    • PayPal: $808

3 Month Report

May-1st-2021 - July-31st-2021

(Figures are Rounded)

  • Money In: $4,891
  • Money Out: $3,412
  • Difference: $1,479

Upcoming Action Items

  • Testing of new tool made by Enabrintain that parses the PayPals
  • Thank you letter to Charity on Top (Request for Chair to Accept)

Completed Action Items

Treasury Committee

Facilities Committee

  • Pre Nerd Rummage Sale cleanup day

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Rory Davis

Misc

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Jeff Cotten (treasurer)
  • Bradley Marshall (chairman)
  • Aaron Rissler
  • Michele Cotten
  • Grace Lemley
  • Thomas Samper

Meeting Minutes

Bradley started the meeting at 19:34 with a review of the action items. Grace is now handling the charity on top thank you letter.

Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:35 (see above).

Thomas gave the facilities report at 19:38. We're planning a pair of cleanup days before the nerd rummage sale on the 18th and 19th. The laser has been upgraded with a red sighting beam and the front door is now unlockable from the website. We also have a new 3D printer that is on permaloan and needs to be setup. Brian has also been working on the CNC and has been talking about having a large ceiling fan installed in the main area. We're setting up the air conditioner on a timer so that it can't be left on anymore. We're also looking at possibly migrating part of our infrastructure to Google Workspaces.

Events: The Nerd Rummage Sale is occurring on October 2nd. We're going to have the streets shut down for this event.

Michele and the Dune sandworm that was made here will be marching at the Dune premier at Bridgestreet.

The Huntsville Hamfest is this weekend. Jeff and Greg are manning our booth.

There have been talks of a retro game night in early November, but it is still being planned.

The next meeting will occur on September 16th.