Meetings/2022-01

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • January 13, 2022
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project Chairman
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

  • Membership retention email sent on 2022.01.11 (Tues)
    • 35 members are 3 mos behind.
    • Members who have not setup a recurring donation by 2022.01.25 will be removed from the system
  • Draft available for Grant Template

Treasurer's Report

2021 Annual Report

  • Income: $18,608
  • Expenses: $19,369
  • Net Loss: $761
  • Amount Paid Rent: $13,450
    • Until August 2021 rent was only $1,100
  • Min amount we will pay in rent next year: $13,800
  • With another $50 rent increase in August 2022: $14,050

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
New lost and found cubbies assembled Jeff, Brian, Greg Brown
Item Responsible Parties

Publicity & Events

  • New wordpress article up
  • Makers Local tour of UAH Makerspace, Sunday 1:30 PM, Salmon Library

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Jacob Culver

Misc

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Michele Cotten
  • Jeff Cotten (treasurer)
  • Bradley Marshall (chairman)
  • Travis Crumpton (facilities)
  • Grace Lemley (publicity)
  • Raechel Armstrong
  • Neil

Meeting Minutes

Bradley started the meeting at 19:34 with a review of the action items (see above).

Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:39 (see above). The yearly purge didn't get acted upon last year due to COVID-19 even though the email went out, but is occurring this year. Jeff has created a draft of a grant template for revision going forward.

Travis gave the facilities report at 19:47. Early next week the garage door will be fixed. Jeff had some cubbies donated from GaN for a replacement to Lost and Found at the bottom of the stairs which will be heavily labeled thanks to Jeff. Jeff is also going to try doing a weekly blog article about recent donations and possibly a related monthly newsletter. We're looking at adding a gallery to our website for organizational photos and publicity.

We're taking a tour of the UAH makerspace on Sunday, ping Jeff for more information if you're interested.

Michele has been talking with with the Huntsville Public Library about a homebrew class, so look out for an announcement there.

Bradley is looking to do a monthly spotlight called "Makers Monthly" for a collaborative project assembly.

The next meeting will occur on February 10th.