- April 14, 2022
- All members
|Review of Action Items||Chairman|
|Facilities Committee Report||Facilities Committee|
|Publicity & Events||Publicity Chair|
|New Member Recognition||Secretary|
|Decide next meeting date||Chairman|
|Change Door Code||Secretary|
Quarterly Membership Purge
- Would prefer an understudy for this. Intend to start in mid to late April.
- Should take about 45 minutes to learn and perform task.
A proposed delegation plan
(Address During Annual Board Meeting following Member Meeting) Here are the tasks that I would like to delegate next term:
- [1 Hour Once a Month]: Data Entry: manually copy Paypal Transactions into our accounting software, near the 1st of the month
- [15 Minutes, Once a Month]: Data Entry: manually copy Bank transactions into our accounting software, near the 1st of the month
- [30 minutes, Once a Month]: Errand: Process cash donations, record what they were in an email to the Treasurer, and deposit them into the bank. (Kinsey does this for us currently, and hopefully will continue to)
- [45 Minutes, twice a term]: Henchperson: Inspect each member account to identify which accounts are 3+ months inactive, and email list of members to the Treasurer to act upon
With these tasks delegated, as Treasurer I would invest time into the following improvements:
- Transition GNU cash from a flat file database to an SQL backed database
- Test, improve, and put into production scripts that will import Paypal and Bank transaction export documents into our accounting software
- Grant writing and big donor solicitation
- Transitioning our reporting tools into a WYSIWYG editor
Tasks I feel the treasurer should continue to take lead on:
- Collaborating with netadmin committee and Secretary when members need to be added or removed
- Authoring annual reports
- Tracking Finance Committee action items
- Establishing suspense dates on delegated tasks and performing the work when volunteers are unavailable
Misc Income and Expenses
- EngeniusMicro donated $1600 via PayPal Giving
- Tool liquidation: ~$60
In the bank
- Total: $8,190.79
- Redstone: $5,434.12
- PayPal: $2,756.67
3 Month Report
Jan-2022 through March-2021
(Figures are Rounded)
- Money In: $4484.65
- Money Out: $5890.76
- Difference: -$1406.11
- With the help of HFuller, we have migrated all(?) of our VMs to ProxMox
- There is now an instance of OpenProject setup if anyone wants to play with it. It will not be maintained, and once we select an action item tracker, we can delete it if we don't have a use case for it.
- Action Item Tracker (Redmine Demo)
- Do we want to renew the $15 ml256.org namespace? It will expire in May 2022. This is different from the other namespaces which have already been renewed.
- Website is slow. Are we in a position to self host?
Publicity & Events
- Need to file the NRS paperwork with the police
- Do we want to spend some of our new windfall on a billboard
- Any desire to do another TNF potluck?
NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.
- Connor Roberson (account re-activation, not a new member)
- Benjamin Johns (Banjo)
- Jeff Cotten (treasurer)
- Thomas Samper
- Kinsey Moore (secretary)
- Travis Crumpton (facilities)
- Ace Lemley (publicity)
- Bradley Marshall (chairman)
- Ethan Chew
Bradley started the meeting at 19:34 with a review of the action items (see above). Bradley reviewed the new action items on our redmine instance at 19:37.
Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:44 (see above). Jeff will be performing the quarterly membership purge soon and would like someone to shadow him during the process to spread the knowledge. Initially, Ethan will help out with this. Jeff reviewed the fininance action items on redmine at 19:47.
Bradley gave the netadmin review at 19:48. Almost all active VMs have been migrated to proxmox and Jeff has setup an issue tracker at redmine.makerslocal.org. The modem has been moved to the rack so as not to pollute the foyer. We're punting on discussion of the speed of the website since things are currently in flux.
Travis gave the facilities report at 19:56. The second air compressor is being worked on and is coming close to being fixed. The spare tools will be double checked and disposed of soon. The A/V equipment is going to be returned to the storage in the loft for the time being. We're going to discuss the nest phase of the ceiling refit on Tuesday. Phil is coming on the 30th to retrieve his CNC, dust collector, and his air compressor. We're also looking at replacing the sign out front.
Ace gave the publicity report at 20:03. There are no events planned in the near term. We're working on planning a Nerd Rummage Sale in October. Jeff is going to socialize the next Tuesday Night Feast.
The next meeting will occur on May 19th.
All members running for the board were elected.
Bradley will once again be the chairman.
Kinsey will once again be the secretary.
Jeff will once again be the treasurer.
Travis will once again be the facilities.
The publicity position will remain unfilled this term.