Meetings/2022-07

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • July 14, 2022
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Netadmin Report TBD
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project Chairman
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

  • Income From Events
    • TNF
      • Carnitas & Tacos $45 pending deposit
    • Tacos +$15 already deposited
  • Money In: +$5328.60
  • Money Out: -$3064.06
  • Difference: +$736

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • William Schneider
  • Ethan Sherlock

Misc

Attending

  • Aaron Rissler
  • Michael Cook
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Travis Crumpton (facilities)
  • Tabby Schlemmer
  • Jeff Cotten (treasurer)
  • Bradley Marshall (chairman)

Meeting Minutes

Bradley started the meeting at 19:33 with a review of the action items (see above) followed by a review of the action items on the redmine board project.

Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:39 (see above). We've adopted a new cash deposit method that streamlines the process a bit.

Michael gave the netadmin report at 19:43. We've added a few cameras to help cover blind spots. Hunter has offered us a VM to help improve our website's responsiveness.

Travis gave the facilities report at 19:49. Our sign has fallen off of the building and we're working on a replacement. We're currently targeting a 3D version of our latest banner. We have swapped all of our network gear into a nicer rack as part of a fablab rearrangement and cleanup. We will be trying to work through the remainder of the ceiling tiles on the 30th. The old rack is going to be converted into a 3D printing station. The plasma cutter control board self-destructed and a replacement is on the way. It should hopefully be up and running by Tuesday. The balcony gate has been reinforced to be safer.

Bradley gave the projects update at 20:01. The graphics terminal server is currently on hold pending some research on improvements. The new member walkthrough update needs a volunteer to give it a deep dive.

Events: The Nerd Rummage Sale hasn't officially been greenlit for blocking the road, but we expect it to go through. Greg will have a table at the HamFest and is looking for volunteers to help man it.

The next meeting will occur on August 18th.