Proposal/0015-Rules and guidelines
Rules and Guidelines
- Call To Vote Date:
A set of rules that protect the interest of the organization as well as the rights (and sanity) of our members.
RULES -are immediately punishable as outlined in the DISCIPLINE section.
- Do not do anything illegal In the shop space or with shop resources, including but not limited to: tools, computers, mailing lists, IRC, or Internet connection.
- Do not harass any member or guest in any way. Including but not limited to: racial, religious, sexual, or bullying.
- Do not abuse or intentionally harm anything that is not yours.
- If someone asks you to stop, then STOP.
- Alcohol may be consumed at the shop, however, you may not operate power tools while intoxicated.
GUIDELINES -are more lenient or conceptual to the purpose of the organization.
- First do no harm.
- Always remember we are a community embracing new ideas and free thought, everyone is welcome.
- The shop is not for storage, keep your long term storage inside your designated space.
- Label your things, so everyone knows they are yours.
- Put tools and projects away when you are done for the day.
- If you are not sure how someone will react to something ASK them first. This applies to music, videos, conversation, etc.
- If you are “Trolling”, please make it known, then refer to Rule 4.
- If you see any member or guest breaking a rule, you should first ask them to stop, if you are able.
- If you ask them to stop and they persist, or if you do not feel comfortable confronting them: you may report the infraction to a board member. The board, or a person appointed by the board, must then investigate, reprimand, or mediate at their discretion. A written warning is encouraged to have a record of the incident.
- If a member willfully persists in any infraction, and after an official written warning from the board has been given, the board has the option to create a proposal to revoke that person's membership.