- Official Election Information is available in the Bylaws.
- Votes, both in-person and absentee, should be counted by at least two people that are not running for a position.
- The two people running the election should be identified at the meeting prior to the election meeting.
- One of the two people need to be identified as the person who will email the membership to announce the date of the election, and to request intent to run from the eligible candidates.
- A reminder should be sent in the email that you must be a member for 3 months before you can be eligible to serve on the board.
- A reminder should be sent in the mail that anyone wishing to run for the board should have their nomination in a week before the meeting at which the election will take place so that the people doing the ballots and counting don't have to worry about any last minute changes.
- The email should be sent out as soon as possible after the email sender has been identified.
Example Election Announcement Letter
Hello Makers, Myself (LACKEY#1) and LACKEY#2 will be running the upcoming shop elections. The elections will take place on ELECTION-DATE. I would like anyone who would like to run for the board to reply to this email. I would like you give a brief description on why you think you would make a good addition to the board. As per our bylaws, you must be a member for 3 months before you are eligible to serve on the board. Anyone wishing to run for the board should have their nomination in a week before the meeting at which the election will take place so that the people doing the ballots and counting don't have to worry about any last minute changes. That cutoff is CUTOFF-DATE. If you have any questions, please ask! Sincerely, LACKEY#1
A reminder should be sent in a separate email that absentee ballots should be emailed to BOTH members running the elections. (Suggestion: Perhaps we should setup an email list that only has both election runners on it so that ballots only have to be sent to one address?)
Hello Makers, If you cannot attend the elections on April 17 in person, you may submit an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots MUST be emailed to both vote counters, that is: email@example.com (kittenblade) and firstname.lastname@example.org (Dmitriy). Please also remember that EVERY candidate must have a vote, either positive or negative, or your entire ballot will be negated. Here is a list of your candidates: * Phil Showers * Kinsey Moore * Matthew O' Gorman * Shae Errison * Tyler Crumpton * Bob Klepfer * Timothy Heath * Scott Morales * Barbara Attilio * Matt Varian * Jennifer Paulsen * Jeff Cotten Sincerely, <<Vote Counter>>
- edited to display current members running for board positions
After the Vote
Ensure that an admin is reminded to update the board mailing list and LDAP group.