From Makers Local 256
This page is a checklist of actions to perform when changing officers for the position of Treasurer.
- Account Passwords: New Treasurer needs access to all accounts listed in Treasurer#Accounts
- Code: Donation Box combination or key
- Answers to Security Questions
- Note, these are unknown as of 2022.08.03. Not even sure which accounts would have them. If we ever find out, recommend storing in a digital password keeper that can be passed on to future Treasurers.
- Bank Account
- At least one person currently on the account needs to be present to add or remove people from the account. This can be done in person at the branch where the account was opened, or the form from the bank can be notarized and submitted.
- This process is a hassle, recommend we record who is on the account, and only adding new Treasurer when its absolutely needed.
- Utilities Account
- This is done by Faxing a list of the new authorized peoples to: 256-535-1344
- The Commercial accounts telephone number is 256-532-1317, may want to call afterwards to make sure they got it processed.
- Financial Contacts
- List of people currently authorized on all accounts
- List of people currently authorized to write receipts
- How to process income
- How to Deposit checks
- How to pay bills
- with a checkbook
- cashiers check
- How to record financial transactions
- How to author receipt
- How to record authored receipts
- How to author Treasurer's Report
- Review Action Items for future\uncompleted tasks (such as completing our IRS requirements)