UAH EXPO 2010
What it is
I'd like to invite you and The Sapient Readers Guild to participate in the Charged Up For Change EXPO at UAH on March 31. It's going to be this great community fair that features creative ways of participating in the local community--through art, independent business, athleticism, activism, you name it. Here's a link to our web page ( http://www.uah.edu/expo ). The purpose is to help students and others see all the creative ways that they can be involved in positive social change by exhibiting diverse organizations and individuals that use their passions tomake their world better. Some of the other participants so far are The Flying Monkey, Lowe Mill, swimmer Mimi Hughes, The Green Coalition, and many more. I think it would be awesome to have you represented in our University Center! Bring your books!
To register, go to: http://www.uah.edu/expoRegistration is free!!
If you'd like to talk more about this, call my cell 256-694-6786.
Ps. We'd like to invite The Makers too. Can you get me contact info for them? Or maybe pass along the invite?
What we can bring
- Business Cards (may be able to take some from the shop. may need to print more if we're out)
- Flier. (MrWorld is printing these and will leave the on the table Tuesday night) Omegix 10:11, 30 March 2010 (CDT)
- MrWorld is willing to print a bunch of shirts to give away.
- Preferably with our logo on them.
- MrWorld is broke and couldn't get shirts this week. *sadness*
- Photobooth: if someone can set it up / show us how, it would be a hit here.
- UAH gave us the green light to bring the photobooth. Omegix 10:30, 12 March 2010 (CST)
- Wayne said he can bring one of the ghostbuster protopacks on his lunch hour
- Any small items we can cast in the forge? Our logo? MrWorld
- Jacob's Ladder (Tim)
- Robot (Tim)
- We're approved to bring the Kiosk as well as the photobooth. Omegix 13:45, 29 March 2010 (CDT)
- Welding Goggles (Tim)
What to do when we get there
(From email from UAH EXPO Contact, Lindsay Torok)
When you arrive at the University Center (UC), we will have a welcome desk at the door to the exhibit hall. Please check in there, and we’ll guide you to your assigned table. The EXPO will begin at 10a.m, so please have your display ready by then if possible. The exhibit hall will open at 8:00 a.m.
PARKING: You can park anywhere in the UC parking lot (directly in front of the UC). You will not need a decal. If you need help unloading, check in at the welcome desk and we will be happy to assist you.
One 6’30” table will automatically be reserved for you. If you need more space, please let us know. Also, electric outlets are limited, so if you need one be sure to let us know as soon as possible. Full guidelines for the exhibits can be found at www.uah.edu/expo/.
We will have snacks and water available during the exhibitions, so come enjoy yourself and help the students and visitors see the excitement of being part of making the world a better place. Please invite anyone you wish to attend the EXPO; it is open to the public and free of charge.
Time is from 10AM to 2PM on March 31st (A Wednesday)
- Omegix (can work 2 consecutive hours)
- Strages good for all 4 hours
- JimShoe good for all 4 hours (may not be able to come)
- MrWorld can make it after all, weaseled out of his meeting
- Your name here!