This page will eventually be the home of instructions, information, settings, and tips and tricks for using the vinyl cutter. Right now this is just a fundraising page for buying a vinyl cutter for the shop. List your contribution and if you know of a good vinyl cutter, add it for consideration!
- Omegix, $45 - PAID (SELF)
- Ramgarden, $50
- TylerCrumpton, $50 - PAID
- Enabrintain, $50, - PAID
- DanNeilson, $20 - PAID
- Barbara, $30 - PAID
- CrashCart, $25
- Daniel Valdez, $20 - PAID
- Random Donation - $10
Totals $175 + $50(iff 871) + $75(at$300cutter) = $300 for the MH-871 + TBD?
About Vinyl Cutter
Unpacked, needs to be setupDone!
Mini-class on using the vinyl cutter and related softwareDone! (But ask tylercrumpton if you missed out on the first one)
- Control computer still needs:
- A hard drive
- OS; Some version of Windows would be nice.
- Vinyl cutter drivers
- Vinyl cutting software; we have a copy of SignBlazer that came with the machine.
- Right now, we're running on a "Bring Your Own Computer" basis.
- Computer and cutter need a more permanent home.
- The idea is to put it upstairs, somewhere out of the way but easy to get to.
- Keeping it near the large table in the art area would be useful, since sometimes you need a large area to work with the vinyl.
- Wiki needs to be updated with instructions and info
- This page will be eventually replaced with more detailed information on using the vinyl cutter.
- First vinyl order will most likely be made on Friday, November 30, 2012.
- Put your name down on the Vinyl Cutter/Vinyl Consumables page if you want in on the order!
Consumables and Materials
Please see the Vinyl Cutter/Vinyl Consumables page for more information on group orders, and usage of the materials.