Proposed Organization of Areas
These layouts are to be agreed on at the May 2009 meeting and not altered until the Nov 2009 meeting
Lobby with front door
- This will be used like a kitchen.
- Convert corner closet to a shower
- Use the pantry as such
- Where would the servers go then? --Brimstone 09:12, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
- Install a electric oven\stove.
- Knock out one if not both of the windows and replace them with glass/lexan and blinds instead. --Brimstone 10:48, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
Large common area
- Predominant work and learning area. It will remain mostly clear except for 4 large work tables and large active projects in need of space.
- A table dedicated for electronics work. --Omegix 15 May 2009 (CDT)
- Could this be done with an electronics cart that moved to any table/station? --Brimstone 09:17, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
- General chill out space, used for hanging out more so than working on projects. It is in need of lighting.
- Something to move air, maybe permanent box fans? --Brimstone 09:17, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
- A piece of plywood, flat on the floor, attached to the staircase on one side and a 2x4 on the other. This 2x4 holds the bottom edge of the wood from sliding away from the staircase. --Brimstone 10:47, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
- Consider further padding of metal ceiling rafters to prevent ouchie-boo-boos. --Dickie 10:48, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
Space next to rollup door
- Tools (in general) will reside here. Wood working and welding will occur in the space in front of the garage door (preferably with it open) or outside.
- Arranged with non-electronic supplies to the left and electronics in the middle "devolving" into electronic components to the far right.
- Stairs will be built to the immediate right next to the entrance of the storage room for access to the loft. This loft will be our library space containing bookshelves a table in the center and a few chairs. Railing will be installed on this loft same as the one above the kitchen.
- Hidden stairs of some sort, like what was at the Burning Nun --Omegix 15 May 2009 (CDT)
- Maybe attic-style pull down staircase? --Misterworld 15 May 2009 (CDT)
- Likely be used for storing items such as the engraver, plotter, computer cart, etc for use either in that room or to be brought out into the main area and returned when not in use.
- Setup 3 to 4 small personal areas for no more than a weeks use. --Brimstone 09:12, 18 May 2009 (CDT)
- Basically just a 4' table and power with a short 4' or 5' wall dividing up each section along one wall.
Issues with the Landlord
Point of contact is Korc
- Fairly high priority, makes fancy things like the toilet not work very well.
- Roll up door
- The door needs repair on the top and bottom two sections.
- It should be openable by a single person for safety reasons.
The meeting with the insurance agent 23 April 2009 didn’t go as well as planned. He doesn’t seem to share the same enthusiasm for the new shop as all of us do.
The insurance inspector came by on 5/15 and didn't seem to hate us, we're waiting to hear back.
The good news is the items that we have to fix aren’t that hard or time consuming. Also they should be relatively cheap to do.
As always if you have time or items that you can donate to bringing the shop to insurable condition they will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a list of the thing that needs to be accomplished:
- Electrical needs to be refurbished
- Someone needs to count the outlets so we can get an accurate count of what needs to be replaced.
- Make special note of any that have damage at the electrical connection. Those that are cracked or are not in good condition need to be replaced.
- The wiring that is NOT run through conduit need to be removed NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Dead light bulbs need to be replaced and the fixtures cleaned.
- main area
- tool area
- paint booth room
- materials storage room
- Exterior is a “Hazard”
- The agent wants to see the grass cut and all the debris removed. Not to mention a good pressure washing of the exterior of the building would go a long way.
- The front left corner between the front door and the roll-up is damaged the agent made the comment that all the major holes like that where insulation is exposed needs to be repaired.
- Railing on the storage loft
- 36" Railing needs to be installed above the storage area.
- Someone needs to measure the footage so we can come up with a cost estimate.
- Stairs to the storage loft
- It would be great if these were built to code, but I'm not sure this is possible with the amount of space we have available.
- Drop ceiling (optional)
- We need to replace the missing tiles in the drop ceiling for aesthetics the agent said that it would go a long way with the adjuster.
- Interior walls (optional)
- The walls need to be scrubbed and/or bleached all the discoloration distracts a lot and would help the adjuster to want to insure us.