From Makers Local 256
- November 22, 2010
- All members
|Review of Action Items||Chairman|
|Facilities Committee Report||Facilities Committee|
|New Member Recognition||Secretary|
|Decide next meeting date||Chairman|
|Change Door Code if loss of member||Secretary|
|Discussion about soda machine case mod||MrWorld|
|Reminder about upcoming fundraiser, screening "The Room"||MrWorld|
- Results of recent events/fundraisers at the shop
- Halloween Party
- Tech Expo/Pig Roast
- Making progress on basic winterization; have sealed off ceiling 50%, will start next on sealing doors and windows. Planning to finish by 12/18 per notes. Using the current temperature measurement setup, will assess conditions in the shop over the next three months with the basic winterization and decide where to go from there; do we need more insulation to save on utilities or can we afford to live as we are?
- To save money on utilities, the board is proposing to lock the thermostat to 68 degF for the month. If you feel that it is more efficient to do otherwise, please state your case. We will see what happens at the end of the month and decide where to go from there (programmable thermostat, locking thermostat, x10 control, etc.)
- Any other requests (repairs, cleanups, gear, etc.)?
- Dmitry Plaks
- Tycho Clendenny
- Rusty Newton
- Samuel Ortega will present the three new NASA Centennial Challenges:
- Bill Brown's ISS Insulation Shipment on 12/4 - Can someone help Spacefelix ship with a truck or van?
- Fac Guy - Fire safety walkthrough to new guys; show escapable windows, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, notify there are no landline phones in shop.