- What: An open house/pig roast
- When: 11/11/11 start eating around 5:30
- Where: The shop, it needs to be cleaner
- Why: To show the community how awesome we are
Before the Event
- Clean the shop
- Tell people about it
- Work place
- E-mail lists
- Old Towne Coffee Shoppe
- Panera Bread
- Any where else you think of
- Radio Announcement
- Press Invitations & Advertisements:
- Take note of Tuttle's ML256 Press Kit.
- '42' Tech Sector Mag: Huntsville Times Local Tech magazine (http://www.al.com/42/). This is a good way for us to present ourselves to local technologists and other tech areas. There is great potential to attract new members.
- Jerry Felts - Online editor, contact with news tips, press releases and comments: email@example.com, 256-532-4449, al.com profile: http://connect.al.com/user/jfelts/index.html
- Mike Kelly - Contributing writer, contact with news tips and feature ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org, al.com profile: http://connect.al.com/user/mikekelly42/index.html
- Advertising in '42'; 256-532-4250 and distribution of '42' at your business/company, call Darren Mack at 256-532-4481.
- Mr. Budd McLaughlin of the Huntsville Times - Times Business Editor, writes a weekly column on interesting news in Huntsville's business community. He has an interest in local technology business. This would be a good way to get visibility as a technology business, albeit a non-profit one. E-mail or call him with ideas: email@example.com and 532-4527, al.com profile: http://connect.al.com/user/bmclaughlin/index.html
- Mz. Anna Claire Vollers of the Huntsville Times - Editor of Spark magazine and Associate Niche Publications Editor. Spark Mag is a lifestyle magazine guiding readers to the best in entertainment, design, culture, food and fashion in North Alabama. This would be good for getting our name out to the general public. Contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org, al.com profile: http://connect.al.com/user/avollers/index.html
- Curtis Coghlan - Managing Editor of Huntsville Times. You can reach him at email@example.com or 256-532-4460, al.com profile: http://connect.al.com/user/ccoghlan/index.html
- Cooked by Preaux
- Omegix can pre-purchase the pig.
- Rocket City Meats has a 60-70 lb pig, or a 80-90 lb pig. Both are @ $2.49 / lb. Looking at $200.
- Alternate suggestions are welcome!
- We also need cinderblocks
- Cooked by Preaux
- Vegetarian side dish:
- Salads/side (At least 1 green (vegetable) salad)
- Shrimp Ring - Because Spacefelix loves cocktail shrimp.
- Fruit Salad - Spacefelix
- BBQ sauce
- Plastic Ware
- Ice and cooler
- I would like to do scheduled 15 min talks
What I have in mind here is setting up a talks corner in the wood working area. Members who want to highlight a specific project will give a short talk about it. I would like to publish the list of talks prior to the event. Please sign up early.
- If you would like to give a talk please select a time slot
- 6:00pm - MakerGarden - Spacefelix; an experiment in permaculture at the shop.
And so on.
For members who would prefer to only have a project on display and not prepare a talk about it, please note your project below.
- Solar Food Dryer and Hydraulic Ram Pump from the Appropriate Tech Lab, Collab with EWB - Spacefelix, appropriate technology, open source and hackerspaces and how their philosophies can go hand-in-hand and what results.
- MakerSat, MakerLaunch & Various Things That Shoot Fire & Make Noise, Collab with Project HALO - Spacefelix, citizen spaceflight, what it takes to do it and how a hackerspace can help.
- Dots for people's hands (better way to count plates)
- Name tags for members
- Vinyl stickers?
- Do we want to get some straw bales to have around the fire?
- Can you bring chairs?