INSERT INTO BYLAWS; Facilities Director Position Officiated by Makers Local 256 Board on Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:10 AM to makers.lists.makerslocal.org. The Facilities Director shall be responsible for the management and maintenance of all things physical in the premises and property of the organization to ensure they are up to legal standards for safety/codes/etc.
The Facilities Director Oversees:
- Management and maintenance of all things physical in the premises and property of the organization to ensure they are up to legal standards for safety/codes/etc.
- Organizes regular shop maintenance, cleaning and buildup. Per the Shop Cleanup/Buildup Page
- Manages Changes To The Shop (Includes Building & Property)
- Approves temporary changes to the shop.
- Brings to board permanent and/or exterior changes to shop for approval.
- Need to be researched and voted on by the board.
- Changes made to the outside need to fall within the codes and laws of the City of Huntsville.
- Ensures areas have proper safety equipment and placards for the associated activities and that members are aware of the associated hazards and have taken the appropriate measures (safety gear, training, ect.)
- Takes new members through the Shop Walkthrough.
- Manage Equipment & Materials Requests.
- Leads Facilities Committee.
- General Cleaning of The Shop
- Take out trash.
- Take out recycling.
- Ensure/perform the clearing off of transient tables and areas of trash and loose tools. Ensure unclaimed projects left in transient areas are identified and safely put away in Lost & Found.
- Sweep floors.
- Clear grounds of trash.
- Mow lawn/rake leaves/shovel snow and clear ice.
- Test smoke and CO detectors, security systems and check fire extinguishers and first aid kit. Repair, recharge and restock ASAP as needed.
- Restock basic supplies such as Toilet Paper, Paper Towels & Trash Bags.
- Prepare for and arrange monthly inspections of facilities by Fire Marshall to maintain corporate status.
- Per the Dump Day Notes:
- Disposal of Toxic/E-Waste and Oil/Petrochemical Waste Disposal Bins - First Saturday of Every Month Before Noon
- Recycling of excess metals from Scrap Metal Bins.
- Arrange annual inspections of fire extinguishers by fire extinguisher company.